KILLING ME SOFTLY - Teenage Assassin - Chapter 11

CHAPTER 11:

GABRIEL'S POV:

After Anna packs a bag, Max drops us off at my house. Anna's car is still parked in the driveway, so I guess that Russian jerk really does have the same car. She explained to me why he pulled her out of the club, but something still doesn't feel right about it.

Anna is entitled to her secrets, but at some point I hope that she trusts me enough to divulge a few. Maybe she just needs to be softened up a bit. If I show her how much she means to me, then maybe she'll open up to me. It seems logical enough.

Once we are in my room with the door locked, she goes into my bathroom and comes back out wearing pajamas. She plops down on my bed and I go into the bathroom to get ready for bed.

When I come out, she is under the covers and laying on her side. I walk over to look and her and see that her eyes are closed. I brush the back of my fingers over her cheek, "Are you asleep, Anna?"

She opens her eyes, "Not yet."

I grab her hand and kiss it, "I'm going to cook you dinner tomorrow at my parent's beach house."

She gives me a small smile, "That sounds nice. Although I would be just as happy with the fast food we usually eat. I wasn't allowed to eat it growing up."

"My cooking is even better," I tell her.

"Okay," she shuts her eyes and I lay on my side of the bed, with one arm draped over her. When she starts breathing deeply, I know that she is asleep. I think a romantic dinner is a good start to getting Anna to open up.

We wake up the next day a little after noon. Anna goes home and I go grocery shopping. I used to hang out in the kitchen with our chef when I was younger, before I had better things to do. I picked up a thing or two. When I get back to my house, I go down to the wine cellar and pick out a bottle. I go up to my room and take a shower. I get dressed in a nice shirt and jeans. I go looking for my mom and find her alone on the back patio.

"Hey mom, where's dad?"

She looks sad, "He left already. Business in South America."

I feel awkward. I never know whether or not to comfort her. He's never home, but she still loves him. "Well, I just wanted to let you know that I'll be staying at the beach house tonight."

She still looks lost in her own thoughts, "Okay sweetie, have fun."

I grab the grocery bags from the fridge and put them in my car. After I pull out of the gate, I call Anna. She picks up the third ring.

"Hey babe, I'm on my way to pick you up," I tell her.

"Okay, I'll meet you out front," she hangs up.

When I park in front of the lobby doors, she is sitting out front with a duffel bag on her lap. When she gets in the car, I ask her, "Have your parents found a place yet?"

She glances at me, then away, "Not yet, but I think they are narrowing it down."

"I hope they buy a house near mine," I grab her left hand and kiss it.

"Yeah, that'd be great," she mumbles, still not looking at me.

When we get to the beach house, she offers to help carry the bags, but I just hand her the keys and ask her to unlock the front door. I follow her inside, "So, what do you think?"

She looks around the modernly furnished beach house, then looks at me, "It's nice."

"Yeah it is. Although, if I bought a beach house, I would skip the chrome and glass look and go with a more traditional look," I take the bags to the kitchen.