Chapter 21: Obsessions

Start from the beginning

A massive ring of wind spread out from the point of impact and like a meteor the demon sped towards the forest floor.

Siva wasn't done yet and he dived down, kicking the air for added momentum.

The Mjolnir vanished as he materialized the full set of Dragunov. BOBOOM! BOOM! BOOM!! In just two seconds, four loud consecutive explosions of power rattled the wind as four rings of rippling powerful force also spread from the point where Siva hit the demon's body.

"This will finish you off!"

With Siva's final words, the Dragunov dissipated and turned into countless specks of lights as he held high up a mighty black sword.

FLASH! Not even a second passed, his body was now wearing his flight armor. Following a full thrusting motion, the exhaust bore of the back thrusters emitted the black colored particles that gave off an illusion of him having black colored illusory wings.

The wings flapped and the demon's eyes were somewhat attracted to Siva's red-eyed mask as it flashed with a red glint for a moment before Siva's voice rang on its ears.

"Die."

With a final thrust... the sound of the sword stabbing on the demon's body filled both their ears. Bones and flesh mangled inside as the mechanical function of the Black Ender grinded the demon's innards.

One meter to the ground, Siva poured all his weight and strength in his arms as he braced himself pushing with all his might and nailed the demon on the forest floor.

CRAAAAAAASH!!!

With their weights and coupled with the generated momentum from Siva's suicidal attack, the forest floor made a crater that was 30m wide with cracks even spreading even further. In its center was the demon while Siva knelt above it.

Following the stunned expression of the demon, Siva was still doubtful so he sent electricity to travel on his sword and stunned the demon.

Not finished yet, Siva raised the sword and stabbed the demon's head, sending another charge to fry its brain to totally kill it.

Panting, Siva... was now contented.

After a moment, he glanced up to see the sky-blotting number of falling demons that was almost just 500m away from him. Then he looked down. The demon was dead. Blood on its mouth, the Black Ender on its righteye, he had made sure that the demon was really dead before he thought of the words he heard from it earlier.

He murmured, "I am no god." and then pulled out his sword and removed the head from the neck.

The demon, now... was truly dead.

Siva threw the head somewhere and then flipped the demon's body on its stomach, pulling something out protruding from its back.

He used the Black Ender like a carving knife and stabbed the border of the object, disconnected mucus-like substances that connected it and the demon's spine.

This was the Black Ball, the source of power of demon commanders.

Siva quickly pulled out a nano cube from his inventory and enveloped the Black Ball in a spherical bag. He then put the item in his inventory but did not leave immediately. Instead, he looked up and then spoke with a tired voice, "In the end, I would have to use my last Plasma Smoke Screen."

"On your mark, then." Thorn's voice said.

"Just say the word." Volt followed.

After Thorn and Volt's voice rang on their auricle communications line, the roar of monsters could be heard converging around Siva. The wind picked up, bringing in what's left of the Plasma Smoke Screen they dispersed earlier with it.