Chapter Forty Nine

Chapter Forty Nine
Space - Phoenix Rising

"We should be arriving at Dayum in 2 hours, my lord."

Jacob looked up to see Jessica Valentine smiling sultry at him, sighing he looked back down to his hand held.  On the long flight to Dayum he'd slept with every female on the ship at least twice and he was bored.  "Can we cut that time down?  I'm ready to arrive."

Jessica tried not to pout, "We are at maximum speed."

Jacob stood up, "I believe we could be going faster."  He looked over to Lucas to see he was reading to Sapphire while Easley was doing needle-point.  "I grow tired of this long journey and want to be on Dayum in 30 minutes."

Jessica nodded and walked away disappointed.  She'd hope that he'd let her spend the last two hours of the journey in his bed.  As she walked to into the main turbine room she pressed a few buttons that increased the speed.

"I thought you said we were at top speed."

Turning around she stared into the light brown eyes of Jacob, "I am trying to reroute some of the energy so that we can go faster."

Jacob reached out and pushed her hair behind her ear and smiled.  "Are you trying to please me Jessica?"  He smiled when she nodded eagerly at him and ran his hand along her jawline. "If you want to please me don't lie to me again," he said the last while squeezing her chin.   "Do you understand," he asked quietly applying more pressure.  When she nodded quickly with eyes full of fear he released her.

Walking away from her he called, "When are we scheduled to arrive Jessica."

Gulping and holding back tears she replied, "We should reach Dayum at in 28 minutes."

Jacob walked back into the main area of the ship.  "We will be arriving in less than an hour prepare to disembark."  Touching several buttons on his hand held he smirked, "Lucas, Todd Wesley will be at the transport landing facility to meet us."

Lucas nodded and handed Sapphire to Easley.  "I am made arrangements for a Larry Knave from The Alliance to meet us their but I was under the impression we still had two hours before we'd arrive."  Handing the hand held he was reading from to Easley he walked toward Jacob, "Contact him and tell him I expect him to be there to escort the ladies to the hotel."

Jacob looked at his hand held, "Councilman Knave has already notified me he's aware of our early arrival and is currently waiting for us." 

Lucas smiled, "That is very efficient of him."

Jacob agreed as they walked toward the exit of the transport, "Todd has informed me that there is no cafe, business, street, town, village or car named Crystal on Dayum."  He laughed at how specific he'd been but he could understand why he was so diligent about even checking under rocks for Crystal's."

Lucas nodded, "What out the outlands."

Jacob frowned as the screen flickered and new information appeared, "What is this?"  He knew he'd not requested an update in several minutes, "There is a Crystal's Cafe and Rest Stop in the outlands."

Lucas stared at the screen but didn't see what Jacob was talking about, "Let me see that."  Grabbing the hand held he frowned and turned it to Jacob, "What are you reading."

Jacob stared at the screen and saw in black and white that he'd received an update about a Crystal's in the outlands and was puzzled why Lucas didn't see it.  Snatching the hand held he refreshed the screen and the report remained.  "Lucas, are you saying you don't see this report?"

Lucas stared at the blank screen and shook his head slowly wondering if being on the transport for over 2 months with the same sex partners had made Jacob go mad.  Smiling he laughed, "You haven't seen light green men running around the transport have you."