Chapter Thirty Seven

Acadia sat with Joshua drinking her morning cup of coffee reading the daily reports and frowned as she re-read the notice of several connecting incidents.  Sighing she placed the hand held down, "Joshua you need to go to Aisu and clean up after Kae and Mia before-." She stopped mid-sentence as the dining room doors crashed against the wall.

Shaking her head she watched partially amused as Jacob and Lucas strode into the room.  Placing her cup down she smirked, "What brings you two this early in the morning?"

Jacob smiled at his mother as he poured himself a cup of juice, "We were reviewing the daily reports and couldn't help but notice the suspicious death of Medic James Armstrong."  Pausing he sipped the juice and nodded in approval, "Medic Armstrong was a healthy 34 year old who died from a massive heart attack that left his heart in shreds."

Lucas picked up a blueberry scone and waved it, "That wasn't the only thing;  the two witnesses, a husband and wife from Dayum, disappeared before being questioned.  The police went to where the facilities showed they were staying and found the house empty."

"Oh," Joshua cut into his ham steak and chewed thoughtfully, "Do you think the husband and wife had anything to do with it."

Jacob watched silently as his mom raised her cup and sipped from it before turning to look at his father, "The descriptions given by the receptionist and the other medic matched Kayla and Kaelen's."

Joshua placed his fork and knife down, "I wonder how they would have gotten to Dayum?"  He furrowed a brow as he seemed to be in intense thought.

Lucas signed inwardly as he stared at the Lawson family, "We all know how they got off the planet but what I'd like to know is where they went after leaving Dayum."  He waited patiently but no one showed signs of answering.

An awkward silence surrounded the table as they all sat eating breakfast for several minutes.

Smiling Acadia glanced from beneath her eyelashes, "How is Patricia and the unborn child?"

Lucas sat back in his chair and stared with frosty eyes, "She is currently sequestered to her rooms at the palace.  I've had enough of her half-witted ideas and have placed one servant and two guards with her.  She is allowed visitors if you want to see her."

"Ah yes," wiping her mouth daintily on a napkin she said sweetly, "I heard the medic and researcher Jordan O'Mallory, a noted Rayian, was found dead of an apparent suicide."  Smiling toward Jacob, "Wasn't he the researcher that said he and his family were looking into ways to naturally increase power levels."

Jacob grunted into his juice as he glared daggers at his mom.  Picking up a piece of toast he snickered at her.

Joshua rose, "I have a meeting with Isaiah in an hour I need to prepare."  He started toward the exit but paused and turned to look at Lucas, "Lucas, I know you are upset that Kayla has left.  But don't you think you should be focusing on your wife and unborn child instead of looking for her and Kae?"

Lucas clicked his tongue as he cocked an eyebrow at Joshua as he menacingly step toward him, "I'll stop looking as soon as my dear auntie or uncle tell me where they are."

Acadia laughed as she rose cutting him off, "Lucas really?  Do you honestly think we'd place ourselves in a position to upset you?"

Lucas returned her honey smile before cutting a glance to Joshua, "I think it would amuse you to no end to place yourself between me and Kayla."  He smirked as the room started to shake slightly, "But I hope you know I’ll destroy anyone that stands in my way."