Chapter Twenty

• Dedicated to Sherman Stallworth

Chapter Twenty
Ah'Taria

Kayla gazed dazedly around the room as she sat on a dais table next to Lucas.  It had been two months since she had left Jigu to come to Ah'Taria and she was at another banquet.  Being Lucas's paramour had its perks but the hateful and envious stares from the women left her feeling uneasy. Gossip about her and Lucas's relationship ran rampant around the palace and surrounding planets.

Lucas turned to Kayla with a glass of champagne. She accepted it and pretended to sip as she scanned the crowded ballroom.  Kayla didn't like alcoholic beverages but to keep up appearances she always made an act of accepting and pretending to drink it.

"Are you enjoying the entertainment?" Lucas asked.

Kayla turned to stare at the intertwined bodies in the center of the room and tried to hide the disgust she felt.  "I find it very entertaining," she replied softly before pretending to sip again.

"Shall we join them," asked Lucas playfully.

Kayla closed her eyes as she thought back to the first banquet that she'd attended with Lucas.

The doors slid open and Lucas’ name was announced loudly.  The people stopped to turn and stare at him.  He'd been gone for a year at The Academy and upon his return he now had a paramour.  His actions were the talk of the century which also made her the subject of conversation in every household.

They walked down the sky blue stairs. When they reached the landing, several people tried to catch his attention but he focused on where he was going.  Lucas led Kayla  to the middle of the room and in front of everyone tilted her head up and thoroughly kissed her.  There were murmurs and whispers from everyone as he then pulled her along with him to a table that sat on a dais.

Kayla was mortified that he'd done this in front of everyone and held her head down.

Lucas leaned toward her, "Lift your head."

She'd turned to gaze at him and all she saw was lust in his eyes.  She'd hoped the hushed rumors of these functions were false but as she stared at him she knew they were true.  Nervously she licked her lips and gazed straight ahead of her.

Lucas placed his hand on Kayla's left thigh and squeezed as a half-naked serving girl poured mulled wine.  Kayla flinched away as the serving girl's small breast rubbed against her shoulder when she leaned over her to pour the wine.  Lucas chuckled as he drank from his glass.

"I don't like wine," said Kayla as she stared at the glass.

Lucas kissed her cheek gently then lifted the glass to her lips and whispered, "It's rude to not drink it."  Smiling he tilted the glass and a small amount poured sweetly onto her lips.  With a forced smile Kayla took the glass from his hand and pretended to sip at it.  The small drops she'd tasted were too sweet and the smell of the herbs were nauseating.

Soon the music in the room changed and she noticed people were starting to make their way to the center of the room.  She assumed they were about to dance until she noticed that people were taking each other’s clothing off.   A deep frown appeared while Kayla watched in wide eyed curiosity when  the twenty or so people started to touch and kiss each other.

Kayla shifted slightly in her seat and watched in awe as one woman knelt in front of a man. The woman  took him deep into her mouth, tickling his balls with her tongue and Kayla tilted her to the side to get a better view. Still pretending to sip on her wine, she watched the depraved sex acts going on in front of her amazed at some of the things she was seeing.  One woman was held upside down with her legs wrapped around a man's neck as they both pleased each other orally.