Three

Age 22

The two boys had finally talked Luke back into going to see Andy again and when  they get the bedroom cleaned back up Ashton brought Calum into the living room to talk.

"Hey umm Cally. I need to tell you, I got a job at a tattoo parlor." Ashton says looking at his husband.

"That's great Ashy! Aren't you excited? You always wanted to do this. You said you never wanted the tattoos but you always wanted to give them to people." Calum smiles up at Ashton.

"Yes! Of course I am. But I'm going to have to be away more you understand that right?" Ashton said.

"Well yeah of course but we're adults we're going to have to get jobs I need to go get one to." Calum smiles.

"Ok, well I start today, in an hour actually so I gotta go get dresses."

"Ok, I'll see ya tonight." Calum says and kisses Ashton before he stands up and walks down the hallway towards their room, sliding on his socks across the hardwood floor.

--

Ashton had left about 30 minutes ago.

Calum was sitting on the couch watching The Corpse Bride and cuddling Rose.

She just laid across his chest with her nose buried on his shoulder. He lifted the sleeping puppy and laid her back down. She woke up and her ears perked but Calum petted her head and she laid back down.

He went into he kitchen and decided to make Ashton some dinner since he wouldn't be home till late. The boss had to show him around so he would be later.

He made Ashton's favorite, spaghetti and wrote him a little note because he was tired and knew he would most likely be asleep when Ashton got home. He was going to try to stay awake but knew he most likely couldn't.

'Hey Ashy <3
Hope work was good as you always though it would be. Here's some diner if I'm not awake just warm it up in the microwave. Love you,
-Cally'

Calum set the note by the plate and walked back to where he was sitting earlier. Rose climbed back onto him and Calum soon drifted off to sleep. Just like he knew he would.

--

Ashton came home to a silent house and immediately knew Calum had gone to sleep. He looked at the dinner on the table and read the note smiling. He walked into the living room and saw two puppies cuddled on he couch. He scooped Calum up, knowing Rose would just follow and walked into their bedroom. He set Calum on the bed and Rose climbed up laying at the bottom.

"Ash?" Calum whispered.

"Hmm?" Ashton hums back.

"Cuddle?" Calum asks cutely.

"Of course Cally."

"Love you Ashy."

"Love you to Cal."

--

I'm sorry I haven't updated in four days. I was with my bestie this weekend and was planning out the rest of this book and my other book. I know this wasn't the best chapter but it'll do. Anyway I'm exhausted so Good night everyone
-Caden💙