Chapter 12

Even after confessing to each other, none of them had the courage to actually ask the other out, to finally start dating and stop playing around each other. It was stupid, but both of them have always been stupid, and their friends have to take the matter in their hands. It was when Yoongi cornered Jungkook one day when they bumped into each other in the campus that Jungkook really thought about asking Taehyung out.

"B-but how? I mean, I've never really done it before..." was what Jungkook said to Yoongi when Yoongi asked him to ask Tae the fuck out already.

Yoongi sighs in exasperation, tired of dealing with the two lovebirds. His life is truly sad when he's spending it dealing with someone else's love life rather than his own but even with his cold demeanor, he still have a kind heart and he's also about absolutely done watching the two youngest in their little group be all lovey dovey in front of them without making it official yet just because they're both idiots who doesn't seem to know how this whole dating and falling in love system works. So he took action and now he have to deal with Jungkook's dense and very inexperienced ass. Not literally.

"All you have to do is visit him like you usually do, greet him, and ask him out," Yoongi says, watching Jungkook nodding as he listens to his hyung. "You guys passed the hardest part already which is the confessing to each other part. It's natural for one of you guys to ask the other out but none of you guys did that which was so fucking stupid if you ask me."

"Well I didn't ask, did I?" Jungkook retorted before thinking about it and he immediately regretted it when Yoongi shoot him a sharp glare.

"As I was saying..." Jungkook says nervously, avoiding the older's glare as he scratch at his nape. "Okay, I'll ask him out tonight."

Yoongi nodded, the death glare now gone replaced with a relief look, before he patted Jungkook's back lightly and muttering a quick good luck before he disappears out of Jungkook's sight.

Jungkook found Taehyung on the couch watching an anime in his laptop when he entered Taehyung's apartment. The door was unlocked when he got there, knowing well that Taehyung has left it unlocked when Jungkook called and told him he's coming.

"What's up?" Taehyung asks, without looking away from his laptop screen. Jungkook plopped down to the spot next to Taehyung on the couch and automatically puts his arm around the other's waist. Jungkook peeked at the screen and saw the familiar anime characters playing volleyball. Jungkook vaguely remembered introducing the anime to Taehyung and now Taehyung is on season 2.

"Can you be my boyfriend?"

Taehyung immediately froze beside him, and Jungkook's heart started to beat fast against his chest, worried that Yoongi had it all wrong and that he should've waited a little longer because maybe Taehyung isn't ready to be in a relationship yet.

"Thank god," is all Taehyung says, and Jungkook looked over at the other with a confused look making the other chuckle lightly beside him. Jungkook can feel that Taehyung isn't tense anymore like he was before when he asked him out.

"What do you mean thank god? Are you answering my question or not?" Jungkook says exasperated because now he feels embarrassed. Now that he thinks about it, he was too blunt about it and he's not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. But Taehyung hasn't really said no yet so maybe he's just overthinking it.

"I thought you'd never ask! Of course I can be your boyfriend!" Taehyung exclaimed and immediately he got his boyfriend's (oh god, that sounds amazing) arms around his neck and is giving him wet kisses on his cheeks.

"Why were you waiting for me to ask you out? Why didn't you just do it, you know I would never turn you down," Jungkook says once Taehyung pulls back with a huge grin on his face that Jungkook definitely needs to get used to or else he'll have a heart attack someday from how fast his heart beats when he sees Taehyung's smile.

"Just because." And with that, the discussion is over.

Jungkook decided to stay in for the night at Taehyung's place. He basically live here by now because he probably sleeps here more often. Jimin even once yelled at him to Just pack your things and go! after many nights of Jungkook accidentally waking up Jimin when he comes home late from Taehyung's place.

Jungkook feels the fatigue hit him as soon as his head touched the pillow. He let out a groan following by a sigh of content when Taehyung pressed himself against Jungkook's side, burying his head on Jungkook's chest. Jungkook felt Taehyung sniff at his cologne before humming in approval and burying his face further. Jungkook cracked a smile at this, knowing well that Taehyung loves the smell of his cologne so every morning before he leaves for school, he always puts it on.

Taehyung has fallen asleep right away, and Jungkook should too but he found himself watching the other, his exhaustion earlier suddenly forgotten. And that's when it hit him.

They both confessed to each other, Jungkook asked Taehyung out and now they're dating. Jungkook is Taehyung's boyfriend. Taehyung is Jungkook's boyfriend. They are dating, official, a couple, in a relationship.

Yoongi suddenly pops up in his head and Jungkook smiled, grateful for the older. Taehyung has mentioned that Yoongi was there to help him realize his feelings for Jungkook which made him go to Jungkook and confess. Yoongi was also the one that encouraged Jungkook to ask Taehyung out and now they're dating.

Listening to Yoongi's advice and asking Taehyung out was the best decision he've made, not that he have ever made a good decision before. Taehyung in general was the best thing that happened to him and he's not very sure how someone like him deserve to have someone like Taehyung. He's afraid that Taehyung doesn't like him as much as he likes Taehyung and he suddenly panicked. But he pushed that thought away to the back of his head and focused on his partner in his arms, sleeping peacefully.

He focused at how soft Taehyung's hair looks, focused at the slope of his nose and his eyelashes lightly brushing his cheeks. He just focused on Taehyung and memorized every single thing about him. He imagines going to sleep and waking up in the morning with the sight of Taehyung in his arms and Jungkook can definitely get used to that. Hell, he's afraid he wouldn't ever want to fall asleep because he'd rather watch Taehyung sleep, that calm rise and fall of his chest and the slight part of his lips. He'd also rather stay in the morning rather than getting up to go to school because watching Taehyung is far more interesting than any of his lectures.

He knows that he's in too deep for Taehyung, but it's okay. It's hard to not fall in love with Taehyung and he doesn't really mind being in too deep when everyday Taehyung gives him a reason to be like how he is right now. There wouldn't be any moment for Jungkook when he'll trade everything he has right now. He's happy for what he's got and has never been as content as he is when being at Taehyung's side.

Call him a romantic sap, but love really does wonders to people.