Teaser Chapter

You’ll never see her again. 

“Shut up!” Percy screamed. “I said, shut up!” 

You’re useless, aren’t you? She’s in deep, deep danger and you’re just walking around, arguing with yourself. 

“Can you just, shut up for once?” Percy yelled. Suddenly someone opened the door to his cabin. The voices immediately stopped. 

“Percy? Are you okay? Who’s there? Am I interrupting something?” It was Annabeth. 

“Nothing, Annabeth. I was just, um, it’s okay, Annabeth. What’s up?” 

Annabeth walked closer to Percy and put her hands on his shoulders. 

“I’m worried about you. I have this feeling that something bad is going to happen.” 

The girl is right. Something bad is going to happen. You know it. AND you don’t tell her. 

“Shut up.” Percy muttered under his breath. Annabeth tilted her head. 

“Sorry?” she said, raising an eyebrow. “I’m only worried about you! You don’t really have to tell me to…” 

“Annabeth, sorry, but I wasn’t directing that to you!” Percy immediately said, mentally slapping himself. Ugh, stupid, stupid! 

Tell her. And she shall suffer with you. 

Yes, I know, now, would you kindly shut up for a minute? 

Silence. 

Thank you.

“Percy…” Annabeth’s grey eyes were filled with worry. “If there’s anything, tell me, okay? Even if there is a voice in your head, tell me. Don’t hide things from me anymore. Lying… isn’t a wise thing to do, Percy.” 

Annabeth started to walk out of the door. 

“Wait.” 

Annabeth spun around. Percy was holding her hand. 

“If I ever told you the situation now, even ‘sorry’ wouldn’t cover my apologies, Annabeth.” 

Annabeth looked at Percy intensely, and put her hand in his hair. 

“I’m stronger than I look. You should have known.” 

She gave Percy a small kiss on the lips and walked out of the cabin, closing the door behind her. 

It’s too late. 

Even the Fates can’t save you now. 

Perseus Jackson. 

~

“Percy?” Annabeth slammed her fist on the door. “Come out right now, this instant! It’s noon and you’re still in bed?” She turned to others. 

“Has Connor got the keys yet?” 

“Here!” Connor ran out from the crowd and handed Annabeth the keys. Annabeth placed the key into the keyhole, her hand trembling in fear.

Please let me just see him sleeping in bed. Please, please, please let him be safe.

The door swung open, and to Annabeth’s despair Percy was nowhere to be seen. 

“Oh gods.” Annabeth plopped down on Percy’s bed, putting a hand on her head. “Perseus Jackson, where are you?” 

The crowd started mumbling stuff about Percy running away or being held hostage by Hera again, and at the same time, Annabeth noticed a piece of paper neatly folded on Percy’s bedside table. 

“What’s the hustle?” Chiron walked out of the crowd, his grim face melting into concern when he saw Annabeth sitting on Percy's bed, looking devastated. 

Nobody answered, until Annabeth walked up. 

“Percy. He’s gone.” 

Dear Annabeth, 
By the time you read this, I would have been long gone. Please don't get mad at me. If you know too much, Gaia will kill you. Just like what is going to happen to me now. 
Please be safe. And don't miss me. 
In case I don't come back, know that I love you. 
Love,
Percy

****************

This isn't the end. On 14th Feburary, a darker and tenser sequel will be up.
Keep it in mind. Do not forget.
Join Percabeth, while
I'm Sorry Isn't Enough, Annabeth awaits.
On the contrary, the fun has just begun...