Percy VIII

"Percy..."

He opened his eyes. He was sprawled on the ground of a cold room with marble white walls.

Percy groaned. It hurt like Hades when he moved his head. It felt like his head was going to combust. What did they use to hit him, a 1000kg hammer?

And his back. It stopped bleeding, and it didn't hurt as much as his head.

That's odd. How could a knife cause less damage to a... Hammer? Or a rock? Percy pushed that thought away.

He blinked and lifted his head. There was a blond girl in front of him. He scrambled up.

"Wait... Annabeth?"

"Percy! Oh gods. Thank goodness! I had to give more than 12 drachmas to see you! Oh, Percy... What have they done..."

In that moment, it seems that all the pain that Percy just experienced were all washed away.

"It's okay, wise girl. Don't cry." Percy smiled. Annabeth sniffed and wiped her eyes.

"How did you know I was gonna cry, seaweed brain?"

"I know you too well." Laughed Percy.

"I need to have you back... Uh, I mean, we need to have you back..."

Percy grinned.

"I'll be back before you know it."

Suddenly, it seemed that the Iris message was muted. Annabeth seemed to be screaming at Percy. She was warning him something.

What?

Then, he felt a searing pain in his stomach. He looked down.

There was a dagger in his stomach.