Annabeth XXX

Was it true? 

She had to kill Percy? 

Was it really the only way? 

Tears were forming in Annabeth’s cheeks. 

Why? Why must her life with Percy be so hard and complicated? Why can’t the fates just leave them alone for a few months of peace? 

Annabeth hastily wiped her tears with her sleeve. 

Maybe there’s another way.

Maybe Percy didn’t have to die. 

Maybe Kronos could be ended without Percy dying. 

The fates wouldn’t be so cruel to kill Percy, would they?

Annabeth looked around. Demigods were fighting each other, Chiron, Piper, Hazel and Frank were fighting the monsters. 

Jason was in the infirmary taking care of Thalia. 

“Well, well, well. So what do you think of my plan, great-granddaughter?” ‘Percy’ smirked, swinging Kronos's scythe back and forth effortlessly. 

Annabeth scowled. 

“Whatever happens, I will never let you harm our camp, Kronos.” 

Demigods nearby gasped.

“Percy is Kronos?” 

“Holy Athena! Seriously?” 

“Oh my gods!” 

“But… why? Why would Percy let Kronos control him?” 

Stupid puny demigods. Annabeth thought, rolling her eyes. What do you think happened to Percy? Duh. 

‘Percy’ laughed. 

“You knew it wouldn’t be an easy fight.” Suddenly, a gash appeared on Annabeth’s cheek. “Why do you still fight me?” 

“I…” Annabeth blinked. Kronos was right. She knew, even if she could defeat Kronos, she wouldn’t be so cold-blooded and kill her own boyfriend. “I…I don’t know. Gut instinct.” 

‘Percy’ raised an eyebrow. 

“There’s no such thing as gut instinct, girl. Do you really think you could kill him?” ‘Percy’ looked worried. 

I can’t let him feel like he’s winning. Annabeth bit her lip. 

“I can.” she answered, trying her best not to let her voice crack. “And I will.” 

Percy smirked. 

Suddenly, Annabeth felt a throbbing pain on her leg. She lost balance and fell onto the ground. 

“This isn’t fair.” she muttered, quickly trying to stand up. 

“This never was going to be a fair fight, Annabeth Chase.” There was blood on Kronos’s scythe. 

“Oh shut up.” Chiron aimed an arrow towards ‘Percy’s’ back. 

“No! Chiron! It won’t work…” 

Everyone looked equally shocked when ‘Percy’ didn’t even react to the arrow. 

“It’s Percy who feels the pain… Not Kronos…” Annabeth wailed. 

Chiron turned away guiltily. 

In a blink of an eye, ‘Percy’ was right next to Annabeth, the scythe positioned at her neck. 

“Well, Chase? What are your last words?” 

Then, ‘Percy’ howled in pain and dropped the scythe. 

“Annabeth! Please! You have to kill me or everyone will die!” Percy’s eyes were back in his normal bright seaweed-green colour. “Do it!” 

“I…” Annabeth’s hand holding her knife was trembling. “Percy… I can’t do this…” Drops of tears were rolling down her cheeks. “I can’t, Percy… please…” 

“I’m already dying, Annabeth.” Percy smiled weakly. “It’s only a matter of time.” 

Annabeth looked into Percy’s eyes. 

All of a sudden, it turned a dark shade of green.

NO! You can’t kill him! You will not!” ‘Percy’ growled. “You won’t. I know it. You’re a weakling.” 

Annabeth narrowed her eyes and secured her knife onto her belt. 

I AM NOT A WEAKLING!” 

She immediately picked up Kronos’s scythe and shot an icy glare back at ‘Percy’. 

A tear was rolling down her cheek. 

“Percy… I’m so sorry. I love you so much. Please forgive me… I’m so sorry.” 

She closed her eyes and stabbed the scythe into Percy’s heart. 

“NO!” 

Silence. 

“Annie…” 

Annabeth opened her eyes. 

The sight shocked her.

“Oh, gods, Percy…” She knelt down, holding his head in her arms. “Percy.. I’m so sorry…” 

“Not… your fault…” he gasped for breath. “I’m… sorry…” 

Annabeth wept into his hair and breathed in his salty ocean smell. 

“There's nothing to be sorry for.” she sobbed, kissing his lips softly. 

“Love…you… Wise girl.” 

His breathing stopped. 

“I love you too, Seaweed brain.” 

AN: WARNING: THIS IS NOT OVER!!! Please do not think that he is dead :P There is A LOT more, like I promised. And I promised a certain somebody to never kill Percabeth so I'm not killing him yet. Please continue to wait  for the next chapter, which I will be uploading real soon. Thank you for reading! Anyways, comment below what you think will happen next! Sorry for such a cliffhanger, it's that I don't know how to make this not a cliffhanger :P