Percy XXXV

Percy screamed in agony when the knife met his heart, but to his surprise, when he opened his eyes, Kronos was frozen, staring in shock at the knife, it’s tip only touching Percy’s skin. 

Percy was utterly shocked that the knife didn’t lead to his death. 

“What?” Percy jumped onto his feet and looked around. He winced at the throbbing pain of Riptide in his stomach and pulled it out angrily. He saw blackish liquid splatter onto the ground.

“Did he freeze himself?” he asked himself.

“Hello Percy.” a familiar feminine voice said. 

Percy’s head jolted around his surroundings. 

“Who’s there?” 

The voice laughed. 

“You can’t even recognise your own girlfriend?” 

Percy’s icy look on his face melted. 

“Annabeth?” 

“Percy.” Annabeth walked out of the shadows, her long honey-blond hair flowing behind her. She was smiling. “I’m so sorry, Percy.” She walked over to him and embraced him. 

For some reason, Percy didn’t react. Something was wrong. He should be happy that Annabeth came. Why did he feel so… 

“Percy?” Annabeth asked, tightly clutching his shoulders. “Are you alright? You look so shocked.” Not to Percy’s surprise, Annabeth’s tone wasn’t filled with worry and sadness. It sounded so cold, with not even a small touch of love. Not like before...

“Annabeth,” Percy said softly. “Is it normal?”

“What, Percy?” She removed her hands from Percy’s shoulders.

“I haven’t seen your for two months, right?” 

“Yes.” 

Percy stared into the darkness. 

“Is it true, that people can change?” Percy said, his eyes never looking at Annabeth.

Annabeth gave no reaction.  

Percy bit his lip.

“I can’t feel anything at all.” 

Annabeth raised an eyebrow. 

“Feel what?” 

Percy laughed weakly.

“How would you feel if you saw the person that you love after two months?”

Annabeth’s face didn’t show any emotion.

“I’d be overjoyed. Aren’t you?” 

“That’s the problem.”

Annabeth tilted her head in confusion. 

Percy smiled at Annabeth sadly. 

“When I saw you, I don’t have that feeling anymore. Why, Annabeth?” 

Annabeth smiled forcefully. 

“Maybe it’s because we haven’t seen each other for such a long time.” 

Percy shook his head. 

“I literally just saw you a while ago. It's just that this is the first official conversation between us after two months. It feels like you’re getting farther and farther away from me, Annabeth… Are you still my Wise Girl?” 

Annabeth froze for a second, then it seemed like that she looked highly amused with Percy’s statement. 

“You’re so silly.”