Annabeth XIV

They walked up to the pavilion of the gods. They saw Poseidon sitting on his throne, fuming, and the other gods looked like they were arguing. 

"-fight their own battles. Why should we care?" Athena was shouting at Hestia. 

"Well then, miss smarty pants, have you ever thought why Kronos captured him? You think it was for fun?"

"Gods, silence." Zeus's voice boomed over the pavilion. All the gods quieted down and sat down at their thrones. 

"You four demigods, what brings you here?" Zeus asked, eyeing Thalia especially.

"Father, we have come to tell you about the problem of Percy Jackson." Thalia knelt down. Annabeth, Jason and Nico followed. 

Annabeth noticed Poseidon twitch in his throne uncomfortably.

"Well, what about it?" Zeus asked calmly, which was unusual.

"We-we'd like to seek for the gods' help."

"I knew it!" Muttered Athena. 

"How would you want us to help you?" Zeus continued, ignoring Athena.

Annabeth volunteered to answer.

"We would like to have the gods on our side, and also, if possible, to help us defeat Kronos, because even with the two camps together, it would not be possible to defeat Kronos and his army."

Poseidon nodded in agreeement.

"I agree with her, brother..."

Zeus stopped him.

"Well, daughter of Athena," Zeus continued, "if we help you, what good would it do to us?"

"Easy. You wouldn't have to worry about Kronos retaking the throne."

Zeus nodded, obviously impressed.

"Anyone have any more ideas?"

"Why would Luke take that punk anyways?" Ares muttered loudly. "It's not that he's worthy enough to take."

Annabeth felt a pang of rage boiling inside her. 

Not worthy enough?

She clenched her fists tightly.

Ares smirked at the sight. 

"Well, the girlfriend's getting overprotective now, isn't she?" 

Suddenly, there was a blast of lightning right next to Ares. Ares jumped. 

"Who-?" 

Annabeth glanced at her friends. Jason's face was red with anger. 

"Do not insult Annabeth or Percy in front of me!" he said, in a dangerously low voice. 

Ares crossed his arms and looked like he wanted to say something, but faltered when Zeus shot him a warning look. 

"We have been addressing this matter for a while now, so there's nothing to worry about now, daughter of Athena." Zeus said to Annabeth calmly. 

"We have been addressing this matter for a while now, there's nothing to worry about blah blah blah." Poseidon mimicked in Zeus' voice. "Well, DUH, brother. He's my son. And we don't even know what did that son of a mother did to Percy." 

Wow. Poseidon seemed pretty mad. 

Zeus glared a mind-your-manners, brother look at Poseidon, and turned back to Annabeth, pulling off a obviously fake smile. 

"Dear demigods. Just run off back to camp. We've got this all under control-"

"Under CONTROL? Seriously, Zeus, you were just talking about letting the young hero to fight his own battles!" Hestia shouted. 

Zeus rolled his eyes.

Wow. Annabeth has never seen the gods like this. 

Athena defended Zeus. 

"I agree to my father's choice. It is the most fairest way. Also, if he were as courageous as you said, Hestia, maybe he could fight his way out of this." Hestia crossed her arms but said nothing. 

"Well, Athena, like you've said. Maybe. What if he doesn't make it? Hm? Then, what would Kronos do to him? Would he use Percy to fight us? Or even take him as hostage or something? And what would Luke do to him?" Poseidon challenged. 

Hermes buried his face into his hands when he heard the name Luke

Poor Hermes.

"What could Kronos use him for? He wouldn't-" 

"Oh please, Athena, you really think I would let Mr. Jackson just leave without contributing anything, right?" 

Everyone, even the gods, turned their heads towards where the sound came from. 

A screen had formed at an empty space on the pavilion, and there, was Luke (with gold eyes) standing in front of the screen.

"Luke, what are you doing?" Hermes cried, with a note of desperation in his voice. 

"Your son is not at a appropriate stage to talk to you, Hermes." Kronos said, in disgust. "You don't even have the privilege to talk to me. Who do you think you are?" 

Hermes shrank into his throne, his face written with shame. Demeter seemed to be whispering words down his ear. Probably words of comfort. Or maybe "He just needs some cereal. That'll sober him up."

"Well?" Kronos/Luke scanned the crowd. "Oh, Miss Jackson's-girlfriend is here too? Isn't that nice? Shall we let her take a look at her puny little boyfriend?" 

"No, don't!" Thalia stopped him. "Luke, please stop." Tears were running down her face. "Please." 

For a moment Luke's eyes flashed a brilliant blue, but then changed back into a steely gold. 

"Oh ha-ha. Miss Hunter Grace. Don't even think that you could overpower me by saying such lovey-dovey words. Oh, and, aren't you sworn off men?" 

Thalia crossed her arms. 

"I am merely trying to save a friend." she simply said. 

By friend, did she mean Luke? Or Percy? Or even Annabeth? Was she afraid Annabeth could not bear the looks of Percy?

Or what has remained of Percy…

Annabeth shook her head. 

"Thalia…"

"Look, even the girlfriend approves. What's more to delay?" Kronos smirked. He moved out of the screen. 

Suddenly, Annabeth heard a  bloodcurdling, high-pitched scream in the room. 

Holy Hera. 

It was from Annabeth herself.