Chapter 28

Dawnpaw padded along with the patrol keeping her ears pricked and jaws opened to scent the air. The patrol consisted of Amberleaf, Frogleap, Windpaw, and Adderstrike. Amberleaf had come over to talk to her once but she had brushed her off. Her and Amberleaf hadn't been talking very much since their last chat and Dawnpaw had been avoiding her, still hurt and angry. She glanced over at Windpaw who was looking around alertly. Her and Windpaw had talked a little but she could tell Windpaw was still hurt. She looked away and concentrated on the task at hand. As they arrived at Mistclans border Dawnpaw hurried forward and quickly marked her scent. When they rest of the patrol members were done. Dawnpaw went over to pad beside Windpaw "How are you doing" I asked.
"Fine" Windpaw said curtly. Dawnpaw felt her ears droop a little as Windpaw padded away to talk with Frogleap. Everything had fallen apart since the battle. Amberleaf killing the kits, Windpaw not talking to her, and Graypaws betrayal. She shook herself out of her reverie. She didn't want to think about that, it hurt too much to think about it. She realized they were heading straight towards the Springclan border. She tensed and immediately sniffed the air, her senses on high alert. When they got to the border she marked her scent quickly and looked around. She stiffened as she saw a white and ginger tabby cat walking to their border. As the figure came nearer she realized it was Ivypaw. What could she possibly be doing here I thought. It seemed that Ivypaw had not seen her and she dived into the cover of some ferns. When she heard Ivypaws pawsteps cross the border she leaped, bowling Ivypaw over. Ivypaw let out a yowl of anger and swiped her claws scratching Dawnpaws shoulder. Dawnpaw winced and leaped on Ivypaw again before she could get up, managing to pin her down.
"What are you doing here" Dawnpaw spat.
"None of your business" Ivypaw snapped. Dawnpaw was about to say something else when she heard Frogleaps voice,
"Dawnpaw what is happening" Frogleap asked in confusion. She saw Frogleaps gaze darken when she saw Ivypaw. "You can get off her but make sure she doesn't run away" Frogleap directed.  Dawnpaw got up but kept a watchful eye on Ivypaw. Frogleap rushed to Ivypaws other side, cutting off Ivypaws only escape route. "Don't try running" Frogleap growled. Ivypaw plodded beside them obientatly but she could hear her muttering curses under her breath. When they reached the other cats she saw Amberleaf and Windpaw bristle.
"What is she doing here" Amberleaf snarled. 
"She wandered into our territory" Dawnpaw told them.
"Yes, and Dawnpaw did a great job managing to catch her" Frogleap said proudly. Emmbarasment burned on Dawnpaws pelt but she accepted the praise with a nod.
"What are you going to do with me" Ivypaw said, her voice quivered with fear but she quickly hid it.
"Marshstar has to say but maybe we could use you as a hostage" Amberleaf mused. Ivypaw let out a snicker before she spoke.
"You can't I don't even belong to Springclan anymore they exiled me" Ivypaw said haughtily. Dawnpaw  admired the she-cats confidence but she quickly shook the thought away I shouldn't be thinking that she chided herself. She could see that the patrol was at a loss for what to say.
"I am sure we can find another use" Windpaw said.
"Let's get back to camp Marshstar will decide what to do" Frogleap said. Dawnpaw nodded and they quickly flanked Ivypaw, Amberleaf and Windpaw taking the rear and front. When they arrived in camp she saw cats poke their heads out of the dens curiously and then their lips curl in disgust when they saw Ivypaw. Suddenly Icepools kits bounded out and rushed over to Ivypaw. Ivypaw snarled and swatted at the kits and the kits let out cries of alarm and raced back to Icepool who glared at Ivypaw.
"What do we have here?" Marshstar asked. Dawnpaw looked up at Marshstar who was staring at Ivypaw with a mixture of curiousity and anger.
"Dawnpaw found her and caught her" Frogleap reported.
"She crossed the border" Dawnpaw added. By now most of the clan had gathered and were staring at Ivypaw with bated breath.
"We should use her as a bargaining tool" a cat yowled. She heard some cats give murmurs of agreement. Marshstar flicked her tail for silence before she began speaking,
"Come to my den we can talk there" Marshstar said, gesturing towards Ivypaw. Ivypaw followed Marshstar and as soon as they were gone the clan burst into chatter.
"Do you think Marshstar is going to have her stay" Hazelpaw asked.
"I don't know" she replied. She honestly wasn't hoping she would though. It see,ed as if they waited for a eterinint before Ivypaw and Marshstar stepped out. "Ivypaw will be staying with us" Marshstar said. Dawnpaw felt dismay seep into her but she knew there was nothing she could do about it.

I am going to stop the story here. Lastly please vote and/or comment. Also I know I said I was going to think about it but I decided to do it like this. Why do you think Ivypaw decided to stay? You can put your answers in the comments if you want.