Chapter 19

Picture-Dewfall

Days had passed since Graypaw had joined the clan and leaf-bare had commenced, covering the forest with snow. Dawnpaw wriggled her haunches as she stalked a bird, preparing to leap. She leaped and delivered a swift killing bite to the bird. As she got up and started to look for more prey she heard a yowl and pricked her ears. She recognized Leopardclaws voice and buried her prey before going over. Leopardclaws patrol faced a Springclan one at the border. The patrols pekts were bristling and their hackles were up. The Springclan patrol leader stalked up, a low growl rumbling in his throat."why are you here were you planning to invade our territory"the cat challenged.
"Why would we want to invade your petty territory"Leopardclaw scorned.
"You murdered one of our kits why wouldn't you want to invade our territory" The tom spat.
"You attacked us not long ago" Leopardclaw snarled. Both patrols looked like they were about to explode and she couldn't help unsheathing her claws. She jumped as she felt a tap on her shoulder and spun around. She felt a spark of relief when she realized it was Badgerclaw. "You can leave I will handle this Badgerclaw told her. She nodded and hung her head as she padded away. I probably shouldn't have been eavesdropping I thought. She hunted and caught a frog and a lizards before Badgerclaw called her. She padded over to him and they went back to camp.
"Sorry for eavesdropping" She apologized.
"It's okay"Badgerclaw assured her. She felt a burst of relief and wondered what had happened.
"What happened"she asked.
"I broke it up" Badgerclaw explained. She nodded and they walked the rest of the way in silence.

***
They padded into camp and as she deposited her prey she noticed Adderpaw sitting by himself. Feeling a twig of pity she picked up a lizard and bird and carried it to him.
"Do you want one" she asked when she sat next to him.
"Sure he said gratefully. She nodded and handed him the bird and then bit into her prey. Adderpaw started eat his and after a few heartbeats she asked,
"How was your training"
"I had to train with Graypaw" Adderpaw said unhappily.
"What kind of training were you doing" she mewed.
"Fighting" he replied. Dawnpaw nodded and they remained in silence until Adderpaw broke it,
"Brightpaw is going to come back to train with us" he said excitedly.
"Really" she mewed.
Adderpaw nodded and she felt happiness for Adderpaw."That's nice I can't wait to start training with her again" she said enthusiastically. Adderpaw nodded again and she looked up, seeing Windpaw and Hazelpaw enter the camp. She waved her tail in greeting and turned to Adderpaw. "Do you mind if they sit with us she asked.
"It's fine I am going to visit Brightpaw anyways but thanks" he said. She nodded and watched him go as Windpaw and Hazelpaw padded over.
"Why were you talking to Adderpaw" Windpaw asked curiously.
"He was just sitting alone and I decide to take some prey to him and talk to him" I replied.
"Really" Hazelpaw asked, raising her eyebrows.
"No he is to old he will be a warrior soon" she pointed out. Hazelpaw nodded but she could see she wasn't entirely convinced. They talked for a while more and out of the corner of her eye she saw a pelt appear out of the medicine den. Brightpaw was walking toward the apprentice den and Adderpaw eagerly tried to help but Brightpaw would brush him off.
"Look" she meowed, nudging Hazelpaw. Hazelpaw looked over and her eyes lit up when she saw Brightpaw.
"I am going to go help her" Windpaw meowed, she gently put her tail on Windpaw to stop her.
"It doesn't look like she wants any help" she said gently. Windpaw looked disappointed but nodded and sat back down. They talked for a while more before Amberleaf came over.
"It is time for bed, kits" she said.
"But I want to stay up" she whined.
"Me too" Hazelpaw agreed. But despite their protests Amberleaf insisted she said a sullen goodbye to Windpaw going to the apprentices den and curling up in her nest.

Hi I hoped you liked this chapter and I will try to write another one tomorrow and also sorry it is shorter then the recent chapters have been