Chapter 23

A moon had passed and Dawnpaw groomed herself beside Graypaw as she sat with Foxpaw,Windpaw, and Hazelpaw. Adderpaw had become a warrior and been named Adderstrike. Brightpaw hadn't been able to complete her tests due to her eye and was still training to be a warrior. Most of the time she just stayed stuck by herself and sulked. Icepool had given birth to three healthy kits named Rosekit, Sparrowkit, and Brackenkit. As she listened to the conversation she remembered how Hazelpaw had used to tease her about Graypaw. She had later retaliated by teasing her about Foxpaw. She was surprised she had even fallen for Graypaw considering he used to be Springclan. He hadn't proven himself untrustworthy yet and the only time he had acted suspicious was when he had come over to her after she saw Ivypaw. He had said he had come over for the same reason as her because he thought there were herbs and hadn't realized he was getting so close to Springclan's border. She jerked herself back to the present when Windpaw nudged her. "Dawnpaw" Windpaw said impatiently.
"What" she asked. Windpaw rolled her eyes but spoke again.
"I was asking have you seen the kits" Windpaw repeated. She shook her head.
"Follow me then you have to see them" Windpaw said, already getting up and going over. She threw Graypaw a apologetic look as she hurried after Windpaw. When they arrived at the nursery Windpaw poked her head in.
"Can we come in" she asked.
"Of course" Icepool said cheerfully. Dawnpaw padded in and looked at the three squirming bundles. One was a brown tom, one was a cream she-cat, and another was a pale ginger tom that almost looked like he was a light brown tom.
"What are their names" she asked curiously.
"The cream one is Rosekit, the pale ginger one is Sparrowkit, and the brown one is Brackenkit" Icepool said proudly.
"They are lovely kits" she said politely.
"Thank you" Icepool said ernastly, pride and joy shining on her face. Windpaw said a goodbye after that and while she was walking out she saw Mudwhisker, the kits father walking in. When her and Windpaw padded back over to Hazelpaw and Foxpaw she realized Graypaw had disappeared.
"Where did Graypaw go" she asked.
"He went to the dirt place he said he would be back" Hazelpaw explained. She nodded and sat with them for a little bit before she started to get worried. He should be back by now she thought.
"What's wrong" Windpaw asked, shaking her out of her thought.
"It's Graypaw I am just worried about him" she confessed.
"I am sure he is fine" Windpaw assured. She nodded and waited until she couldn't stand waiting anymore.
"I am going to go look for Graypaw" she said.
"I can come" Windpaw volunteered.
"No, it's fine" she said, shaking her head. Windpaw nodded and she padded out through the entrance. She sniffed the air and caught Graypaws scent, starting to track it. Soon it became pretty obvious he wasn't at the dirt place and she wondered why he would lie about that. She caught Graypaws scent and began following it. She had been following it for what seemed like several heartbeats when suddenly Gray appeared. She jumped but calmed down ovncs she realized it was Graypaw.
"I was looking for you, you near,y scared me to death" she exclaimed.
"I had to get a drink after the dirtpkace" Graypaw told her. She nodded and as they began walking back she thought she could see guilt on Graypaws face. Suddenly she smelled a whiff of Springclan scent on Graypaw but when she sniffed again it had disappeared. I must have imagined it she thought. But then why does he look so guilty a iny voice whispered in the back of her head. She shook her head, she refused to believe Graypaw would betray her clan. Besides it had been a while since they had seen Springclan, why would they attack now.

I hope you liked this chapter and sorry it is kind of short. if you want to don't forget to comment or vote or do both.