Hatake Kakashi: Fascination

Depuis le début

 “Why don’t you tell me about yourself?” She narrowed her eyes in suspicion at his question, everything about him but the words themselves showing boredom and disinterest, she ignored her instincts,

“What do you want to know?”

“Uh… hobbies, likes, dislikes, the typical stuff,” He shrugged,

“Hmm, well… reading? Uh… writing?” She offered, rhetorically asking questions as answers for reasons she wasn’t sure, “Well, as I seem not to be in my world any more, I suppose most of my hobbies are meaningless,” She grumbled under her breath. 

“Well, do your likes or dislikes still stand?” He pushed, seeming vaguely more interested, she wondered what a man hiding beneath a mask would want with random information about herself.

“I suppose so…I don’t like insincerity,” She shot quickly a frown and a look to match her tone, Kakashi nodded, sensing that she also didn’t much like being pushed for answers she didn’t have or didn’t want to give.

“Well then, we should begin training, what do you know of shinobi skills?”

“Not much, only a mention but no detail,” He nodded in understanding,

“Chakra?” He questioned, but only receiving a blank stare in return, “Well, there are three basic branches of skills, nin, tai and genjutsu those being ninja, body and illusion techniques.  In order, to perform nin and gen jutsus you must be able to mould chakra, which come from the body’s spiritual and physical energies mixed together,” He spoke swiftly, wondering how many seconds it would be before he had to repeat it.

Oriko nodded, seeming to understand as he continued,

“A good beginners’ trick in learning to mould chakra is mastering how to climb a tree using only your feet,” He raised his hands up to his chest, forming a basic seal as a small cloud of dust appeared at his feet he walked over to the tree trunk they were near too, and stepped up; he was soon walking vertically up the trunk and eventually came to a halt, upside down on a tree branch, still maintaining his blank, bored expression.  Oriko found it slightly amusing that for something so seemingly unnatural to her as walking vertically up a tree, he could look so bored doing it.

“Try to feel your chakra and collect it at the bottom of your feet; you’ll need a bit of a momentum to help you, so try running at the trunk at first,” She nodded clearly at him and walked away over to a nearby tree as Kakashi maneuvered himself so that he was now sat on top of the branch with a clear view of his pupil, with his back to the trunk and book in hand. 

Oriko stood a few feet away from the base of a tree and collected herself, bearing in mind all that Kakashi had said, she attempted to sense her chakra and push it down to her feet, seeing a little cloud of dust appear, she took it as something of a healthy sign and took a gentle run up to the tree, placing a foot onto the trunk her other foot fighting the force of gravity with less resistance than she expected.

She was in reach of the first branch but could feel her foot slipping, pushing off from the tree she leapt up and grabbed onto the branch, suddenly overcome with amusement at the predicament she was in and allowing a breath of laughter to escape her.

“That doesn’t count,” She heard Kakashi’s voice call over to her, she reorganized her chakra to her feet and stuck to the truck, looking over to him as she was again attached to the tree by her feet, she couldn’t resist another laugh,

“Don’t I get points for ingenuity?” She called back, turning to walk down the trunk,

“No,” He returned, looking back down at his book, expertly hiding his pleasant surprise at the talent he could see in the woman opposite him.  Kakashi redirected his attention to reading his book but barely got through two pages before he glanced up to see her stood upside down on the branch do a strange form of sit-ups.