Test (Neville)

Shout out to @MusicReader92 for commenting for me to write this imagine

I was walking quickly down the hall with Hermione, one of my closest BFF's in the entire world. We had to get to DADA...yay! (Note my sarcasm) we have a stupid test today that I CAN NOT fail or else my parents will send a howler, which is embarrassing enough and then make me come home for Christmas, you see me and a group of my friends were deciding to stay at the castle for Christmas, my parents agreed  to let me stay as long as I study hard and pass my classes. If I fail this test I fail the class, then I go home and get grounded during Christmas!

"Come on (y/n), you got this, you're a smart, kind, hard-working Hufflepuff that is stronger and smarter than this test." Hermione said trying to help my confidence which is just decreasing by the moment. Me and her stayed up all night in the Griffindoor common room studying. We lost track of time and only got about 45 minutes of sleep but it feels like I only got 5. Not good for a tired, stressed, and confused person to take a test! Ugh!!!!!!!

We had 10 minutes left I and I was trying to cram everything I could into my head as fast as I could. You know when people say it's dangerous to read and walk...well LISTEN TO THEM! Cause I just ran into Neville Longbottom! My crush since first year. I feel sooooo embarrassed now! Ugh, I really need to get more sleep. We ran into each other so hard that we both ended up on our butts groaning in pain.

"Sorry." I said quickly while slowly getting up.

"It's ok, I'm fine, what about you?" He questions while also getting up. I grab my book from the ground.

"I'm fine." Then an idea hit me! "Hey Neville?" I question still unsure if I should do this.

"Yeah?" He questions bluntly.

"Did you already take the DADA test, if you have can you please help me study for like, 5 minutes?" I question fast, I could already feel the blush on my cheeks and I hoped he would answer soon be fore my face became the same shade as Ginny's hair.

"Yeah, I just took it, I can definitely help you study." He said with a shy smile looking at the ground and trying to avoid eye contact.

"Thank you SO much!" I said and I quickly said goodbye to Hermione and me and Neville stepped into a empty class room, luckily the tour he's were lit so we could actually see. I opened my book.

"Okay so tell me how much you remember." He stated trying to figure out what he needed to teach me in 5 minutes.

I restated everything I remember studying from last night and this morning. His eyes were wide and I suddenly became embarrassed, not knowing what his reaction meant.

"Wow! You know why more than what the test questions us, it just covers the basics, I don't think you need ANY help, you're going to do excellent (y/n)." He said kindly while looking amazed and I could kind of see a small tint of red on his cheeks. My face was surely bright red by now.

"Th-thank you." I stuttered out, not used to this much admiration from my long time crush. I quickly grabbed my stuff and headed towards the door. "Thank you for being willing to help Neville." I said quickly as I was nearing the door.

"Wait!" He said quickly. I turned around and looked at him confused.

"Um, well, i, well you... I like you (y/n)! I have for a long time. You're smart and loyal and kind and hard working, you play instruments beautifully and your amazing at school. You can make friends so easily... well I guess what I'm really saying is... willyougooutwithme?" He says the last part very quickly but I understood. I had no idea he felt this way, my stomach was doing backflips and my head was spinning and my heart was beating so fast I bet it was faster than the Flash.

"I've liked you since first year Neville, I would LOVE to go out with you!" I said as I smiled widely at him. He smiled back with a large grin that matched my own. I left after that and headed down to the DADA room to take the test.

Let's just say that I aced that test and I've never felt more relived, I also went on a date with my long time crush and it couldn't have gone better.

Unedited