A Choice

Kayla got home from school and headed to Mateo's. She didn't really know why, but she was going.
          "Kayla! what a surprise! I just made some rice! come in!" Mateo's mom said as she walked in. "MATEO KAYLA IS HERE!" she shouted. Mateo ran down the stairs. "Oh hey Mexico, what brings you here?" He asked. "I was uh... here... to... work on homework? Ya, because in Mr. Morreio's class, I noticed you had a good grasp on the subject and I don't."
"Really? Well I could help you what were you unclear on we get this over with and get you on your way?"
"All of it, really, Math is my worst subject and its harder here then at my old school."
"Ahhh I see well get your rice and I'll wait for you in the living room."
"Ok" Kayla said grabbing her rice.
"So what are you really doing here Mexico?"
"Well you're the only person that I know so I thought why not."
"Cool well what going on with your boyfriend?"
        "REALLLY? Thats the subject you choose! And he's fine he just texted me" Kayla exclaimed. Mateo looked over her shoulder at her phone and saw Thomas just texted her "Missing you."
           "That's probably code for I'm making out with the girl that sits next to me in chemistry so stay in Spain as long as you want"
         "MATEO! OR IT JUST MEANS AND I DONT WHY I WOULD ASSUME THIS- BUT MAYBE HE MISSES ME!"
            "Based on what I would say he's cheating on you. See there are no emojis, major sign. Means he doesn't care."
           "Well he's not you in any way" Kayla finished.
They say awkwardly on the couch and Kayla looked at Mateo. Then Mateo leaned in and kissed Kayla. Five seconds later Kayla pushed him away. "MATEO!" She shouted while she punched his arm. Mateo laughed. "You liked it and Don't deny it" He said.
"I HAVE A BOYFRIEND" Kayla shouted punching him again.
"Well you said he wouldn't cheat on you but you just cheated on him so why couldn't he have done it."
Kayla looked down at her feet. "Hey I was kidding Mexico" Mateo said softly.
          "Im going back to the states and i'm going back to my boyfriend, i'm sorry but i've been with my dad for two months, im gonna leave a week early, he won't care. Goodbye" Kayla said as she left the house.

***

    "Papa!" Kayla shouted. Her dad rushed in. "What going on!?" He asked. Kayla shed a single tear "Im gonna go back home now." She said. "Why?" Her dad asked. Kayla started crying. "Ok well lets get you packed. Her father finished letting her forget the last question.