Halloween

Halloween was approaching. There is going to be a huge halloween bash at Kayla's school. But... She doesn't have any one to go with. She was still deciding on Thomas. She always imagined his deep blue-green eyes.
     His ocean like eyes. Deep like the ocean. She got lost thinking about how his hair had the perfect swoosh. And his smile, when she saw him smile she could just melt.
    "Kayla!" Lelani snapped. "What do you think about this?" She asked. Her and Lelani were at Party City getting their costumes.
    Lelani held out an angel costume. "Its cute, now can we go?" Kayla said. "What about for you?!" Lelani asked. "I'll probably be a cat!" Kayla said. Lelani rolled her eyes. "Thats so basic!" She exclaimed. Kayla sat on a stool while Lelani looked through the racks. "HOW ABOUT THIS!" She said pulling out a cute mad hatter costume. "Um.. I doubt the mad hatter shows that much skin." Kayla said.
       After showing her tons of costumes she just went into the dressing room to try on some stuff.
       Kayla stranded off looking at more costumes. It would be a while until Lelani gave up. Then she saw him. Thomas. Assuming he was probably getting a costume as well. He looked at her. "Kayla... We probably need to talk" He said laughing nervously. "I guess we do" Kayla said awkwardly. There's that word again. Perfect to descibe Kayla and Thomas.
       "Kayla, i'm not going to lie to you.  I think about you a lot. and I really like you, if your willing too, want to go get some frozen yogurt?" Thomas said awkwardly. "Thomas... I really like you too, I think. But the thing is... Le-" Kayla started.
     "Oh I get it. You're scared of Leon, that's every girls excuse" He looked at his shoes for a second. "You know what if you're gonna say no at least be original." He walked away annoyed, rolling his eyes.
         "WAIT THOMAS." Kayla ran up to him. He turned around. Then took her by the hand and kissed her. Then a familiar voice stopped them.
     "Im done!" Lelani said. They both turned around immediately. "Oh hey Thomas" she added. She grabbed another costume. "One more I swear." She said walking back into the dressing room.
      "I'll go on ONE date with you. We'll see how it goes" Kayla said. Thomas smiled. I can't wait. Kayla blushed.
      "WAIT! What have I done!" She thought. "No one can know... Thomas seems chill... He wont tell anyone." She hoped.
      Lelani walked out and they got ice cream. When Kayla got home, she cried about her other problems. Maybe Thomas could take her mind off her brother, her stepmom, and the fact that all her old friends hated her and her old school all think shes a joke.
She was constantly getting mean comments on her Instagram post. And of course... Maggie tried to stand up for her and then people started saying she was her bodyguard. It was a mess. Kayla constantly went home and just cried. Her mom worked until 7 and Sergio just sat in his room. She needed Jose, and her dad, and maybe some friends. Lelani was her only friend and they weren't even very close yet.
     On Halloween night they had the Halloween Monster Mash her, Lelani and Thomas went as a group. Nobody knew Thomas and her were "In like" with each other. The party was ok but Kayla went home while the other two weren't looking. She needed alone time.