First Date

"You'll be fine!" Jose said over the phone. "But if he tries anything i'll be there in 10 minutes k?" He added. I laughed. "Ok... well I better get ready!" Kayla responded excitedly. She hung up.
    She wore the outfit she was going to on her first day of school. It was a tunic/ shirt dress with the Hamasa hand on it. She wore one of the long black necklaces and she had on short black boots. She wore black leggings since it was getting colder outside. Her hair was down and wavy. Her mom wouldn't be home until the date was already over but she left her a note.
Have an amazing time hija! I love you, Im working late tonight. Won't be home till nine. When I return you better be home! XOXO
Mama didn't tell her anything but Kayla knew she was going to working late for awhile. Since Maria is headed off to Peru and its very expensive, Kayla's papi was gonna help pay for it. leaving him low on money and unable to provide for HIS kids.
When Kayla left, Sergio was coming in. He gave her a weird look then shrugged and ran into his room.
       Kayla walked to the bus stop and waited. A few other were on the bench and many people lined the busy streets.
         Chicago was much different then Texas. It was starting to get chilly outside but in Texas it would still be hot. It was only November 1st and people were already bringing out coats.
       The bus pulled up, it was a horrible ride. They were going to the cheesecake factory but Thomas wanted them to go to Navy Pier first.
      Kayla was going to be gone for about four hours. She arrived at Navy pier around 3:30. "Hey Kayla" Thomas said smiling. "Hey" Kayla replied. "You, look great" Thomas said nervously. Kayla smiled. "Before we leave I wanted to get a ride on the ferris wheel!" Thomas exclaimed. "Well lets go!" Kayla squealed.
       They waited in line for tickets and soon they started loading people on. The view was amazing. You could see all of Chicago. The lights of the city shine brightly and all the people looked like tiny dots.
       "The view is awesome." Thomas said happily. "It really is!" exclaimed Kayla. They looked at each other and almost kissed but Kayla just looked into his eyes and smiled.
       Kayla's phone chimed. It was people from her old school. They were still taunting her about lying and her text to Chase. Kayla started thinking about how her family was splitting up.
A tear fell down her face but she didn't let that ruin the ride. "You okay?"Thomas said awkwardly. Kayla nodded and they got off the ferris wheel.
       They took Thomas's dad's old pickup truck to the Cheesecake Factory. Kayla had a steak and salad and Thomas had chicken and potatoes. For desert they both tried an Oreo cheesecake that was amazing! Kayla took some home for Sergio and Mama to try.
       "I really had a great time" Kayla said. Thomas held her hands. "I did too" he said smiling. He gave her a small kiss and they got in the truck. Thomas drove all the way back to Kayla's house and they got there at about eight. "Thank you!" Kayla said. "Text me when your ready for a second date!" Thomas laughed as if it was never gonna happen. Kayla giggled while walking into her house.