Barer of Bad News

Kayla got off the bus and flopped onto her couch. It had been her now third day of school. She was going to be home by herself for a few hours. Sergio had a band concert and Kayla wasn't in the mood to watch a ton of 8th graders bouncing around on a stage making a fool of themselves with tubas and trumpets.
Today was not a good day. It all started with her waking up. Jose had texted her horrible news the night before while Kayla was sleeping.
"Kayla, im sorry but Sarafina can't get a house near us, all of her family is here. Sense most of our family is in Texas, im moving to New Mexico with her! Im sorry Kayla, Love you" Kayla had not taken the news well. She didn't get out of her bed until it was almost time to go. She nearly missed the bus and she had just thrown on sweatpants and a t-shirt.
Then, apparently what she texted Chase spread throughout her old school. Everyone made fun of her online because of it. She assumed Ashlynn went through their text. Most of her friends stopped talking to her as well. Except Maggie. Maggie was the most overlooked out of that group. Even Kayla was more popular than her. But Kayla knew Maggie the longest. They were best friends but separated once the group formed. Maggie became overlooked by Kayla as well. But now she was keeping her updated.
       Thomas and her didn't know what to do. Start a relationship or pretend their moment never happened. Kayla didn't know either. She thought he was an annoying, clumsy, pushover, but was he?
      The final thing that happened well... Its the worst news ever. Kayla was talking to Alonzo about how his day had been when she found out that her stepmom Maria was moving to Peru.
      Maria worked with sick animals from exotic places. She had just accepted a job to work near the Amazon. It was absolutely perfect for her but it meant Kayla's family was going to be more split then ever.
    Jose moving in with Sarafina would bring Kayla's family closer to their family in Texas but Alonzo and Amelia would have to choose between staying in Spain or moving to Peru with Maria. Alonzo wants to stay but Amelia wants to go.
     Kayla sat on her bed and contemplated what she was going to do. She had planned visiting her Papi all summer long and she was looking forward to see her step siblings but she might not be able to see them ever again.