Ch.4 Fox decides to commit murder

Fox 

If there was one thing you should know about Bellator Ferrox Rodriguez-Hernandez, (besides the fact that she hates being called her real name) is that she hates mornings. She felt such a deep, undenied, loathing for that first part of the day. She begrudgingly dragged herself out of the sweet cocoon of sleep every daybreak to go running with her training unit but scorned every miserable second of it. She hated running too.

Knowing this, alerts you to the fact of just how worried Fox was about the disappearance of her little sister. After the death of their parents and the disappearance of their brother, Fox and Aviva had grown understandably close, with Fox as a protector of sorts. She had always promised to take care of and watch over Aviva. Sworn to her that "Big sissy Bella", as Aviva called her at the time, would never let anyone harm her. And now, some monster had forced her to break that oath.

Fox had no tears left. She was mad. Furious, inflamed and revengeful were a few words mildly described how she felt. So much so, that when her alarm went off at dawn, signaling the start of the day that Fox would begin her quest to find her sister, she lept out of bed fully clothed, ready to go. She hadn't been sleeping anyways.

♡♡♡♡♡♡

The minute that Fox, Xander and Kane stepped outside the magical barriers that guarded their home, Camp Jupiter, they were transported to the underworld. An undead Russian soldier-looking guy met them at the entrance to the palace and guided them through the long, confusing hallways. Finally, he stopped before a large ornate door and motioned for them to go through.

They stepped in and were standing in the middle of an empty room littered with gems and rubies they didn't dare touch. The tall ceiling was lined with bones and skulls with a dangerous looking, black glass chandelier hanging over a small black dais of bones. On the dais of bones sat a blood red pillow with a sword shard. The shard was as black as night and sucked all life from the air. A note written in sloping cursive sat next to it. The note read: This is the first out of three pieces of the sword. The next piece is in Georgia, where you will be transported as soon as you exit this chamber. Think Greek. Good luck!

The trio just stood there for a moment and let the newest piece of information sink in. The sword was in pieces? That would make it a lot harder to find. And Georgia? She hated the South-it was too humid for her tastes. But she would do whatever she had to.

Xander put the shard in the pocket of his cargo pants.Fox looked to her companions for affirmation, then the three of them stalked out the door. The second they stepped foot out of the palace, they were in another place. The bright sun blinded them after being in the darkness for so long. She squinted, trying to get her bearings.

"Wow. This place is awesome!" Kane exclaimed open-mouthed

They had landed in the middle of a giant plaza-looking place. A park maybe? Kane was right, though, it was breathtaking. There were giant, moss covered trees with long vines hanging down from the branches. The long tree limbs interlaces with one another making a beautiful canopy of foliage. In the middle of the square stood a giant, white fountain shooting water up in pretty designs. But they didn't have time for sightseeing. They were on a mission.

Xander was the first to break the awe-filled silence."So what do you suppose 'Think Greek' has to do with finding the second piece of the sword? And we know it's in Georgia but how do we even start looking?"

Fox nodded to him, agreeing. "The cursed thing could be anywhere. We'd better get started then."

Her comrades agreed, but before they could start walking, Xander felt himself being tugged sideways.