"me. i love you."

thank you guys so much for 50k reads and 112 followers😭😭😭❤️❤️❤️ and here's this lol
warning: none

"Allison, I don't wanna be a third wheel!" I whine at her as we walk to her car. "You won't be, I got someone for you."

Allison invited me to go ice skating with her and Scott;
"Who?" "Stiles Stilinski." "Stiles?" I ask and she nods with a big smile.
"I barely know him Alli." "And this'll be an opportunity to get to know him more!"

•••
Allison and I walk into the Ice Skating Rink. "I can't believe I agreed to this." I mutter under my breath.
She turns around, her brown curled hair flipping over from her shoulder to her back. "Don't frown Y/n," She says. "Someone to be falling in love with your smile."

And someone was, although at the time I didn't know who.
It was Stiles Stilinski.

I give her a little smile and she grabs my hand and pulls us in. Opening the doors, Scott and Stiles are waiting right there.

Allison and Scott hug, and I get a chance to look at Stiles.

His brown eyes are looking at me, his mouth open a little.
"What?" I ask him. "N- Nothing."
"Let's go get our skates!" Allison says, stopping Stiles' and I short conversation. I nod and follow her.

We grab our skates and I start heading over to the bleachers but Allison stops me. "Scott and I are going to take pictures okay?" She says and I nod.
She turns around and heads over to the photo booth with Scott, so I turn around and head for the bleachers.

Stiles was already at the top of them so I decide to sit by him.

He looks surprised at first when I sit down next to him but then gives me a smile.
I shiver and groan; "Can it be any colder in here?" Immediately he reaches into his backpack and pulls out an orange shirt for me.

I give him a look of disbelief and he gives me a look of confusion in return. "I'm wearing blue." I say but he still looks confused. "Orange and blue? Not a good combination."
His jaw drops, "But it's the colors of the Mets!"

I don't say anything and he groans too.
"Okay, maybe orange and blue isn't the best combination." He says. "But sometimes there's other things that turn out to be a perfect combination. You know, like two people- Together- That no one thought would be together. Like, ever."
I nod my head slowly. "I can see that."

He smiles, then stands up. He reaches his hand out to me and without thinking I grab it.

I don't know why I did that; It just felt- Right.
I probably sound crazy; But it did.

•••
We get on the Ice and Stiles immediately falls. I laugh and help him up. "Have you ever been ice skating before?"
He rubs the back of his neck awkwardly. "Maybe when I was like 5?"
I giggle and wrap my arm around his. "Here I'll help you."

For hours, it seemed like it was just Stiles and I. I forgot about Allison and Scott.

Stiles and I skate to the entrance and smile at each other.

"You ready to leave?" A voice says ruining the moment.
I leave and head over to my shoes leaving Stiles.

I felt bad but I've always acted like this and I wouldn't care. But for some reason I do now.

•••
days later

Allison lied to me.

She told me Scott wasn't more important than me.

I know it's stupid, but she's always been my best friend. And now she chooses some guy over me.

I open the car door when she grabs my hand.
"You know he's more than just my boyfriend right?" She whispers.

"Let me go."

"Please, Y/n, just try to remember what it feels like." She says quietly. I slowly turn to face her and see tears in her eyes. "Remember what?" I yell at her.
"Remember all those times in school when... You see him, standing across the hall... And you cannot breathe until you're with him." "I've never had that." I say sighing.

"What do you mean? You've had boyfriends Y/n." She says looking at me desperately.

"None like that." I respond and exit the car and this time she doesn't stop me.

When she drives away I wipe away the tears from my face.

What hurt me wasn't just Scott; It was the fact she found love.
I never had that- Love.
In a way I was jealous of her and in another just desperate for someone to love me.

I walk up to my house when someone running behind me stops me.

It was my neighbor Stiles.

"Hey, uh... You forgot this," He says handing me my scarf from when we went Ice Skating. "Thanks." I mutter and take it. "What's wrong?" He asks me.
"Nothing." "C'mon Y/n, I know you. Just tell me what's wrong!"
I use my scarf to wipe away more tears. "You'll think I'm stupid." "Trust me, there's literally nothing you can tell me that'll make me think you're stupid. Literally nothing."

I start to sit on one of the porch steps and he sits in front of me. "Allison loves Scott. He loves her. And... I never had love. No ones ever loved me. Not Jackson, not any other boy I've dated. They just used me. And... I just want that, you know?"

Instead of laughing Stiles smiles and holds my hand. "I know someone loves you." "Who?" I ask him.

"Me. I love you."