Tragedy:28:

*Justin*
Friday
6:28 PM

Bella was out tonight Julie, I had finally finished up with the tv, unpacked another box, showered, and now I was finally about to sit down on the couch.

No game tonight either- so that was even better.

And since Bella was out- that meant this man had the house to himself tonight.

I could literally walk around the house in my underwear and eat whatever the hell I wanted without her saying anything. Not that I minded - but it was still nice.

And she still saw me in my underwear all the time - and naked, so I guess that wasn't that different either.

But I wanted to eat an entire pizza by myself.

I don't even know the last time that that happened.

And as for the underwear part - well I was too cold for that.

So I opted to keep the sweatpants on, had an entire pizza on in the kitchen that I planned on eating myself - after I finished hooking up this gaming system.

I was very excited.

This would be around the time at my old place back in D.C. when I would grab a beer.

I didn't have that option anymore.

So I got a root beer instead from the fridge in this massive kitchen, then turned on the tv.

After Bella had left, Verizon had come to hook up the box, so at least we had that now too.

And it was already set to the news from when I was hooking it up early.

I was about to switch it to the Wii when I saw the headline, my stomach immediately dropping.

No.

NO.

This can't be real. This can not be real.

I'm going to be sick. I might actually throw up.

I realized I dropped my root beer as I heard the glass crash against the floor, feeling the back splatter against my sweatpants.

"Fuck." I mumbled, quickly picking the bottle up. It didn't break, just got shit on our fucking new floors.

But I didn't give a damn about the floors right now.

"Manny Gonzalez escaped prison around 6 hours ago now. He was scheduled to sit on death row on January 23rd. The police and FBI have been on the lookout since the prison was made aware of his escape, and the city has been shut down, but there has been no luck of finding Gonzalez within the past few hours."

I couldn't breathe. It was like a huge weight was pressed against my chest.

This can't be happening.

I dug for my phone in my pocket, scrambling to call Bella as I looked back at the screen, trying to listen to the reporter while the phone rang.

"Come on, Isabelle, pick up the damn phone."

Nothing.

I dialed again, sitting the root beer down on the glass table and looked back up at the tv, the scene showing helicopters flying through a sunset sky.

"Hey, baby, what's up?" She asked, the sound of her voice immediately bringing relief to my body- at least some.

"You need to come home. Now."