Tragedy:05:

*Justin*

Monday

8:39 AM

I paced out front of Nick's office, running my hands through my hair, and then just knocked on the door.

It swung open, and there he was.

I forgot everything I had planned on saying.

"Justin, what's up?"

"I was actually wondering if I could talk to you for a minute."

"Sure, come on in." I stepped inside, shoving my hands in my pockets and fiddled with the insides. "Anything I can help you with?"

"No, not really. I wanted to apologize for the other night. I was out of line, and it was embarrassing. I...I have addiction problems. I shouldn't have gone, and I'm really sorry."

"Oh, man. I had no idea. I'm sorry I kept pushing for you to come. I just thought maybe you'd want to get out of the house and have some fun, I didn't realize..."

"No, it's okay. It's not your fault. I just really had to apologize to you."

"Look, we might be co-workers, but I consider you my friend too. I get that it's something you probably don't talk about, and there's other things to do besides going out to the bar. We could go out and shoot some hoops or something one day."

"Yeah, that would be fun. A lot of fun."

"How about Saturday afternoon?"

"Yeah, sure. That would work for me."

"Alright, cool. And don't worry it. We've all had our nights, and I won't tell anyone about anything. It'll just stay between you and me."

"Thanks. I really appreciate that."

"Yeah, it's no problem."

"I'm going to get back to my stuff, but I'll see you later."

"Will do. I'll see you later."

I left his office, walking back down the hall and let out a deep breath.

I felt better, I knew I needed to do that, and it was kind of cool to know I had a friend around here- I think.

_____________________

*Bella*

1:51 PM

Sometimes I actually hated this job.

I got to watch people living out their dreams and here I am - working and watching it all happen for them.

I am in California - LA for crying out loud. I should be somewhere by now.

I felt like I wasn't moving anywhere...I felt like I might not.

I was feeling the pressure to have a backup plan more and more everyday...so I wasn't a failure.

Justin already had a job in his career and he had only completed a year of college so far- sure his was more of an internship per say- ours both were, but he was so smart. What he wanted to do was pretty much effortless...

I didn't want to be stuck here forever. I wanted to be on the other side of the glass wall.

One day I'd have a family- whether it was with Justin or not- I'd have a family...I wanted to contribute...

I guess coming back here after being home...I felt like I didn't have much to show for any of this.

Maybe I could just switch my major and be a music teacher.