Tragedy:03:

*Justin*

I had been back to work for about a week now, and today Bella and I were leaving for New York.

I hadn't seen her this happy in- I don't know how long.

I wish I was as excited as she was.

"You look ready to go." I chuckled, smiling at her as she walked out of the closet.

"I am - I mean - I - whenever you are. I'm actually nervous...and you're sure it's okay for us to go?"

"Yeah, it's fine..." I nodded, walking over to her and caught her hand, pulling her into me. "I promise."

"You're working a lot, aren't you?"

"Yeah, but not the whole time. Like tomorrow night, you and I are going to dinner, and a show."

"Really?" She smiled wider, my lips pressing against her cheek.

"Really."

She kissed me, arching her back to be closer and slid her hands on my neck.

"Ok, I'm really excited- and still nervous...to go back."

"It'll be alright. I'll be there, and no one is there to hurt you."

"I know...just a lot of memories."

"I know." I nodded once, pressing my lips to her forehead. "Ready to go? We should probably head out."

"Yeah, I'm ready. One more kiss."

"With pleasure, my dear." I leaned in again, softly kissing her, then grabbed her bags with mine. "To the airport."

It was about a 45 minute trip from our house, and our flight left at 7:35- so it was an early morning.

Although for an early morning, I had never seen her this awake. She was up before I was- which meant I didn't have the chance to smoke a cigarette.

Yeah- she knew, but I didn't want to do it around her. I'd have to feel her gaze- and her disappointment.

I've already felt that enough recently.1

I knew she was upset- she didn't have to say anything.

But I needed one- we'd be another 5 hours on a plane, not to mention getting through the airport.

"I'm sorry, I have to smoke before we-"

"It's okay. Go ahead."

"You're sure?"

"Yeah." She nodded, softly smiling, and looked forward.

I rolled down the window, lighting my cigarette at a stoplight and glanced at her again.

I didn't know if her permission was a good thing or bad thing.

She turned on the radio to break the silence, which was nice- I wasn't awake enough to talk much.

But by the time we were at the airport and waiting to board the plane I was awake however- and Bella sat beside me in my sweatshirt, her head rested on my shoulder.

"Just so you know, I'm probably going to fall asleep on the plane."

"You didn't even have to tell me that." I slipped my arm around her, kissing the side of her head. "I probably will too. It'll be a long night."

"When will you get back?"

"9 or 10ish today. A lot of meetings to sit through, and dinner to also sit through."

"Do I get to put your tie on you?"

"And take it off if you want." She blushed, playfully smacking my chest. "What? Never heard that one before?"