Chapter 17

Patrick sat in a worn out recliner that had seen better days. With flattened cushions and patches where the fabric had been worn completely away.

With a cold beer in hand he slowly flipped through a photo album that lay in his lap. The album contained great memories that he held close to his heart. These pictures contained great memories of childhood. Memories of middle and high school, pictures of graduation, and pictures of girlfriends of the past.

Each time he came upon a picture that contained Jenna he would sigh. They had gone to school together from kindergarten to graduation, sharing almost every class together. Just as much as Jenna and Carolyn were practically sisters, he had thought of her as his sister too. Growing up in a family with all boys was wild and rambunctious, with WWE fight matches and non stop prank fest.

Jenna may have not noticed growing up since her shyness always got in the way of talking to boys even at a young age, but Patrick on several occasions had punched boys for making fun of Jenna's plump figure. He knew what is was like to not be the normal body type that everyone seemed to think was normal. However, he knew how to put up a wall and turn all of the negativity he felt in to laughs. He was deemed the class clown by fourth grade and it stuck with him the rest of his school days.

Over the years his feeling toward Jenna had changed from a sister to someone that he wanted to date. When Patrick would see Jenna tagging along behind Carolyn and her flavor of the month boyfriend as a third wheel, he would feel sorry for her and wanted to ask her out so that she wouldn't feel like such a nuisance.

As time wore on Patrick had come to the conclusion that he tired of being overweight and he would do anything to be skinny, this was also the same time he had started to date Jenna.

He had tried to encourage Jenna to lose weight too but his suggestions always seemed to either fall on deaf ears or hurt her feelings. As he lost weight he began to resent the fact that she wouldn’t do the same. He wanted to be with someone that would fit his new image, not the old one.

That was why he had left her for a woman that certainly fit what he wanted. Jenna wouldn’t change for him and so he had moved on to a better model. And who could possibly blame him?

But despite all of that, Patrick still cared about Jenna and did not want to see her led on or hurt by the likes of Brock. Or maybe he just wanted to show that the chubby little red head he’d been growing up was gone for good and could steal a woman from a man like Brock. Either way Patrick was determined to see that Jenna chose him over that rich businessman currently laying in that hospital bed.