19

The pack was happy, my mate was happy, the alphas were happy. everything was calm, people were celebrating the birth of my son.

but I knew something was wrong. this pit was growing at the bottom of my stomach.

•••

Days passed as the mood somberd, training was at an all time high as we all prepared for the war. A note had shown up a day after my son's birth

Dear little Mrs. Alpha, 

We'll be coming soon I hope your troops can fight hunters!

love the Rouges

p.s. your son is as good as dead

The note had serotypically been thrown through a window while we were eating dinner. I had no choice but to read it out to the packs and alphas right there and there. I was thrown from my thoughts when Reynold cried from his crib, heaving myself from the chair I bent over his crib. his cries softened into whimpers, then nothing as his eyes focused on me. 

A smile was brought to my face seeing his bright eyes peering up at me, lifting him up I sat in the rocking chair. Pulling a bottle out I began feeding him. his eyes stared straight into mine almost like he was trying to tell me something. Kissing his forehead I pulled him on my shoulder. Roaming around the room while burping him I could hear yawns escaping both him and me. sleep has been little to nothing with late night feeding and war planning. exiting my office I walked through the quiet hallways towards my room. Not bothering to turn on the hallway lights I kept moving. The night guards passed by me with silent nods of greeting, two walked on each side of me moving silently through the late night hallways of quite slumbering wolves. getting to my door I smile in parting to the two guards before slipping into my room. pulling a sleeping Reynold off my shoulder I kissed his forehead. moving outside of the room I creaked open the door of the room beside my own. moving into the room I sat down on Cain's bed. seeing him brought tears to my eyes, every day he looked more and more like his mother. 

After fifteen minutes I lifted myself and kissed his head. His little eyebrows scrunched in response. Yawning I entered my room again and stripped down, pulling a short nightgown over my head I slipped into bed with a sleeping Vincent. Closing my eyes I pulled the sheet up. As I fell asleep I felt his arm wrap around me and pull me to him. Sighing I fell asleep with exhaustion taking me under quickly.