04

Me and Vince didn't sleep that night, not because we were doing the deed, but rather because we didn't trust the pack we were staying with. luckily we did stay awake because around 12 the front door creaked open. Getting up from my spot on the floor I slipped into my boot and crept downstairs with Vince behind me. Before I could get downstairs oscar stepped into line with us. I knew my whole pack was awake because they could hear whoever was downstairs making noise. Slowly pack warriors crowded the stairs with us. As we bottomed out at the end of the stairs There stood Alpha Lee and his warriors were sniffing out the place.

" Is there anything we can help you with, boys," I asked. Both of his men ran at em and more flooded the doorway. My wolves shifted and ran in front of me ready to attack before I called them back.

" You! You will bring badness to my pack with this alliance! Tell me what is the real reason you wanted me to sign the paper,"

" Now, now dear Alpha. There's no reason to be bringing our warriors into this. Besides I don't owe you anything nor do I have to tell you anything, "I said calmly.

" How can you be so calm about this?," He asked furiously

I slowly stalked towards him, his men growled at me. " It's good to get rid of the weak. I'm sure you understand that." I whispered in his ear while running my hand over his shoulder. He let out a growl and I just laughed " Somebody's a little uptight. To bad everything will be over soon. You would have been fun to play with," His hand went out to slap me, but I blocked it.

I made a noise of disapproval before I let go of his arm and walked towards Vincenzo. " Let's go."

" Where are you going?" He yelled

" To our territory," I replied without turning back

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Arriving at the house felt like hell, you could still see where the fire scorched the grass and the wooden beams trying their hardest to hold up what was left of the house.

I knew what I had to fo though. this was a new time for me and my pack, everything from the past needed to be gone. I took the lighter that sage was holding out to me and took a deep breath before lighting what was left of my childhood.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

It didn't take the pack long to rebuild the house. In fact, it only took about 6 months, Vince surprised me with a memorial in the spot that I first shifted. We were finally happy, the pack was prospering and we bury our roots in the human community around us as well. Our number of pack members has doubled within the first year. We also made true alliances with other packs around us. Like I said everything was perfect but perfect things can only last for so long...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

One and a half years later

Dear Alpha of the Blood Moon pack,

I haven't met you in real life, but my father and mother have. My father tells me we have an alliance. Even though he refuses to let me look at the agreement I'll take his word for it. We are in desperate need of your help. The neighboring packs have joined leagues with rouges and have declared a war on us. Other pack haven been informed and will be joining our side. If you could be so kind to send your allies and your pack to help us in this war we will be forever in your debt.

~ Sincerely

Alpha Alex of the Midnight Howlers pack

I finished reading the letter and leaned back in my chair. Why now does he need to write to me?

" Come in," I said sitting up straight in my chair. Vincenzo walked in with a cup of tea for me.

I snapped out of my alpha state and Vince placed a kiss on my forehead.

" Alex sent a letter," I said turning around and handing it to him. He growled under his breath, but still read it.

" It's about time we went back and for you to claim your title."

" Are you sure we are ready for this? I mean we've onl-" Vince slammed his lips onto mine as an easy way to shut me up.

" You will do amazing, now go ahead and write a letter back and ill call the pack for a meeting."

I heard Vincenzo loud powerful voice through the pack link before I finished writing my letter. I sent a quick message to neighboring packs about the meeting. All four alphas said they would be there. I gave Vincenzo a quick kiss and followed him out of the office. I grabbed my knife on the way out of the house and slipped it into my waistband.

When I left the house all of the packs were in a half circle"Welcome everyone,"I yelled. I went to greet and stand next to the other four alphas.

" As you know The blood moon pack, originated from the Midnight Howlers. They recently sent a letter asking for help because their neighboring pack has teamed up with rogues. By them asking for help I'm able to go back and claim my title. My pack will start the trip tomorrow morning. I will talk with the other Alphas and inform everyone what our decision is on travel accommodations and who is coming with us," I turned to the other Alphas waiting for their response.

"I'll go,"

" Hey if he's going I'll go."

"Me too." Another said

" why the hell not. I'll come."

I turned back to the pack with an amused face. " Looks like we're all going," I said and raised my fist. " We leave first thing tomorrow morning. Remember this is a war we are joining bring weapons and armor." Bowing to the packs I walked to Vincenzo who was standing at the bottom of the stairs.

I walked into his warm embrace and he kissed my mark, I held in a moan when his lips caused a fire on my skin. I felt him smile on my skin.

" You do realize there are kids here right...?" I asked my voice trailing at the end as he bit on my earlobe. I felt my breath get stuck in my throat when his hands trailed up and down my body.

" I think it's time we start a family." He whispered in my ear and pulled me impossibly closer to him. I gasped and started leaning on to him. " To bad we have to get ready to leave," He said completely letting go of me and ran into the Packhouse. Growling I stomped into the house. He was so going to get it.