06

I was sitting in my office talking with some of the Alphas that arrived today, however, I was brought out of my meeting by shouting in the front yard. Excusing myself, Vince and I walked out of the pack house to see three familiar faces arguing back and forth with each other.

Their mates stood a few feet away chatting with each other, not seeing fazed at all. Vince left my side to go talk to them and hold Valentina's baby. With a smile on my face, I watched my girls continue to scream at each other in different languages.

I was enjoying the scene till they noticed me and their yelling became directed at. Amused by their anger is stood calmly with a smirk on my face. They didn't stop yelling till they notice I wasn't retaliating. Slowly they moved closer to each other in a small circle,

" Why isn't she yelling? Shouldn't she be mad," Valentina asked Evangeline.

" How am I supposed to know?" she fired back

" Because you're the one closest to her," Accused Ariella, " You have the opposite ring too!"

" I'm not yelling because I've already seen how this plays out."

" Wait how," Valentina asked shocked

" Are you really asking me that,"

" How could we have forgotten about that," Exclaimed Evangeline

Ariella yelled back, "How am I supposed to know!"

" Girls," I cut them off " we're at war, not a sleepover."

" Still all work no play." Comments Evangeline's mate, the king.

" And you expect anything different from me Holden?" Gasps filled the air

" Of course not, you are a creature of habit. What else would I expect,"

With a smirk, I turned to walk back into the house, the girls following me, " Now that we've got that shouting match out of the way, we have a war to plan."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Me and the girls were in my room getting ready for the formal pack dinner tonight. Evangeline sat in front of the vanity doing her hair, while Valentina and Ariella helped each other with their makeup. I had zoned out of their conversation while I stood in front of my full body mirror. My mind was on stuck on the thought of having a pup. I could start to feel tears threaten to come up.

" Dylan, sweetie," Evangeline called out to me, I made eye contact with her through the mirror. " What's wrong?"

I broke eye contact with her feelings one rouge tear fall down my cheek. I sensed her coming up behind me. I flinched when she put her hands on my shoulders.

" Babe, what's wrong," I knew that Evangeline was feeling the most pain through our bond because she was my opposite ring.

" It just, Vince wants to have a pup and I'm terrified of having another miscarriage." I ended up pregnant three months after we moved, but I had pushed myself way too hard in training the pack and work. I ended up overworking my body and the stress had gotten to the baby. The girls came around me and hugged me.

"Phoenix, you have to let life play. You can't change it, Well not yet." Ariella said making me laugh at both my nickname and her hint at my future.

" I'm just really scared. What if I disappoint him,"

" Sweetie were all scared. How do you think I felt when I was pregnant? Besides Vince loves you too much. He could never be disappointed with you," Valentina said. I smiled and hugged them back. Pulling away I wiped my tears with my thumbs.

" Thanks, So much."

" No problem love," Valentina said. " Now come on the boys are waiting with the packs." Nodding my head I walked with the girls towards the dining room. Evangeline stood in front, Ariella and Valentina stood side by side in the middle, and I stood in the back. Flickering my eyes to the guard for a split second he got the message and opened the door. All conversation stopped as we walked down the stairs in waves. Evangeline first because her side the furthest away, then Valentina and Ariella since they were even in distance. I went last considering my section was the closest to the stairs.

Me and the girls all stood in front of our seat. I looked out into the crowd and couldn't help but think ' This will be an Interesting night,"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dinner was going along fairly smooth, well except the looks that Alex kept giving me. Shaking my head I removed my thoughts from the bastard that rejected me. Looking up from my plate I answered a question that  Ariella asked me while they were telling stories. When I was done speaking I felt a squeeze on my knee. Looking over at Vince I gave him a smile.

[What are you thinking about, love} He mind-linked me.

{You, me, us. The packs, the girls, the war. The thousands of lives that will be lost.}

[Love, they wouldn't do this if it wasn't for the greater good.]

{ I know it just the moon goddess in me that doesn't want to see all these people taken too soon.}

[ I love you so much] Vince says

Looking over at him I smile, {I love you too.}

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I stood smiling with Vince's arm wrapped around my waist. Everyone had changed out of there formal clothes and was now lounging around the fire in casuals summer clothes.

" Have I told you how much I love you?"

" Constantly," I answer turning my head to look at him. I leaning up to kiss him, he met me halfway. Smiling I put away and put my forehead to his. " I love you too." With a cheeky smile, he brings his lips to mine once again.

" Get a room," I hear one of my pack members yell. The whole party goes silent waiting for my reaction. With a large loud laugh, I pull away from the kiss when an idea pops into my head.

Moving my hands I create four walls of fire and a small roof. You could hear the roaring laughter of the packs. With a smile, I bring Vince's face back to my own, but sadly the moment ended when I felt a gust of water on my back. Turning around I saw Evangeline with her arms up and her palms out with water gushing out.

Letting out a really low growl I set myself on fire to dry myself off. " It's so fucking on," I yelled with fire coming out of my hands. Valentina had vines growing around her and Ariella had clouds circling. Looking around wolves were all each shifted, claws out, and the ones with smaller ability so we're ready to play fight. With a smirk, I grab Vince's hand and transfer a bit of my power too him. Looking at everyone I let out the first throw aiming at Directly at Evangeline.