02

A true warrior isn't immune to fear.

she fights in spite of it.

~Francesca Lia Block

Alex's P.O.V

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

How could Dylan be my mate? As if I could have a weak beta as my mate. I mean she didnt even acept the rejection. She's probably crying like a little girl. 

Why moon goddess did you pair me with her. Why not Lexi, she was the attractive twin and was a good fuck. My wolf was growling at me for rejecting Dylan, but I could care less. Once I was in the main hallway people swarmed me. It was amazing how none of them knew what I had just done.

"Hey, dude congrats on tonight!", one of my friends, Sam, said while patting my back

" I know, I'm-," Dylan's link connected with mine and before I could growl at her and tell her to piss off her voice interrupted

 " I, Dylan Emilia Pierce, accept your rejection."  Shock invaded my body, followed by pain. crumpling to the ground tear fell from my eyes. How has she not fell to the ground as I did? I thought people were swarming me before it was nothing compared to this, 

Wedges passed by me and I caught Dylan's eye. Behind them held great anger and hatred all aimed at me. Once she and her sister were gone I slowly started to stand all while leaning on Sam. He helped me limp to my class and sat me down at my desk

" Thanks, man,"

" No problem but was that back there?" 

Trying to laugh it off I shrugged my shoulders. Sam didn't look convinced but walked out of the classroom and towards his own. 

I looked up at the door at the wrong time. Dylan walked in glaring at me, Sage and Oscar following behind her. Once they sat down Vincenzo walked in. Vincenzo was one of Dylan's best friends that she dated before she turned 15. I growled when he walked past my desk and hugged Dylan. 

'You bastard now he is going to get our mate! she's ours' My wolf was livid and wanted to rip Dylan from his arms. 

Why couldn't she have just run home after I rejected her? Then Vincenzo wouldn't have his hands all over her. I looked back as Vincenzo wrapped his arm around her soulder and gave me a smug look before kissing her cheek. My wolf growled and snarled before I turned away. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Twenty minutes into class with Mrs.Lee. Vincenzo, Dylan, Sage and Oscar left the classroom with no explantion. Mrs. Lee didnt even question them which I thought was odd, I stood up to follow them but Mrs. Lee stopped me.

" Mr. Willams, sit down, please. You are not excused."

" What about Dylan and all the others? They just left!"

" Sit down and do not interrupt my class again." 

Grumbling under my breath I sat back down and tried to contact my father through mind-link, but he had his barriers up. Growling, I sloppily copied down my notes and tried to block out the sound of Mrs. Lee's talking. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________  

The day was slow and no one saw Dylan and the rest of them for the rest of the day. They just disappeared. During lunch I was sitting with Sam and the rest of my friends when a quarter of the pack members stood up from their tables and walked out the front door of the school. Their friends protested and asked them where they were going but they just ignored them.