01

She's got that whole purpose-driven,

warrior princess, save the world type of vibe.

Dylan's P.O.V

______________________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up to my alarm blaring at 5:30 am. Glaring at the clock across the room I got up and stomped over to turn it off. It wasn't until I was heading into the shower did I notice that my family was standing in the corner of my room.

" Happy birthday!" My twin yelled and tackled me to the ground.

" Damn Lexi. Get the hell off of me!"

" Language Dylan!" My mother said while I narrowed my eyes at them.

" Just get out so I can get ready! All of you!" I said with a pointed glare at Lexi while pushing her off, walking into my closet. I picked out a sports bra and spandex and changed in the closet.

" Don't tell me you are going to train on our birthday," Lexi said aggravated

" I am too. You can just go relax in the bath. Besides if I don't train then I won't keep these." I said pointing to my abs. I couldn't help but chuckle under my breath as Lexi yelled and stomped out of my room. I shook my head while walking down to the training yard.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Looking at the clock I realized it was 7:30. Jumping into the shower I scrubbed the sweat and grime from my workout off with vanilla body wash and washed the grease from my hair with a non-scented shampoo and conditioner. Getting out I wrapped myself in a fluffy black towel. I walked out of my bathroom and saw what my sister left for me on my bed.

' Choose one of the three outfits and don't forget to wear the sexy underwear. Wink wink.

-Lexi'.

I just smiled and walked into my closet picking out an outfit of my choice. Grabbing a simple tan crop top and light jeans I threw them on without the " sexy underwear" that my sister laid out. Deciding to appease her I slipped into wedges and put earrings in. I grabbed my Bookbag and double checked everything inside of it to make sure I was ready to leave for school.

Keys? check.

Wallet? check.

Dagger? check.

Notebooks? check.

I might be a werewolf but I never hurt to keep an extra weapon with you. You never know if you're going to be in a situation where you can't shift. Opening my door I could see Lexi bounding down the stairs far less graceful than a werewolf should be. Gliding down the stairs behind her she led us into the kitchen where our mother and father sat. Kissing my mother's cheek I did the same to my father who was talking on the phone. Grabbing a piece of cake from my mother I scraped off most of the icing and plopped it onto Lexi's plate causing her to squeal with joy. I knew as soon as it kicked into to her system I would regret giving her more sugar. Once we were finished I lead us out of the door toward the garage. Lexi's sugar had kicked in and she was animatedly talking about the party she had planned for our birthdays later after the Alpha ceremony tonight. Slowly turning her out I slipped on my helmet and started my bike. Lexi hadn't even noticed my changes and that I was obviously ready to leave. With a laugh, I revved my engine and shocked her out of her own thoughts. Not skipping a beat she jumped into her car and followed behind me to school.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Walking through the halls with Oscar and Sage was a routine since the 8th grade. That's when Their families moved from another pack to ours. the two best friends had joined me and my sister, now though it was just us three. Lexi was usually off with Alex, her boyfriend, and our future Alpha, And today was no different. Well, the only difference was that they weren't kissing in the halls like usual, instead, they stood in front of my locker.

Lexi was clearly pissed and had mascara streaks down her cheeks. Rushing up to her I grabbed her by my hands,

" What happened? Lexi, who made you cry?"

" He's not my mate!" sobbing Lexi laid her head on my shoulder, I look up at Alex with a glare on my face only to pause in shock when my eyes met him.

Everything faded way, my sobbing sister, the noise of the hallway even Oscar touching my shoulder wasn't registered in my mind. My wolf was screaming in my mind, she clawed at my restraints desperate to be free and claim her mate. I watched as his hand went to touch my cheek causing me to growl. He snarled before pulling Lexi off of me and handing her off to Sage

" I need to borrow my beta for a minute," Without waiting for a response he pulled me into and empty corridor, " You can't be my mate"

" Excuse me?"

" Heard me Beta, I need someone who isn't weak. And I much rather have your sister. She is the more attractive twin."

I brought my made back and slapped him, " You bastard. You will be a horrible Alpha."

" I, Alex Hovey Williams, reject you, Dylan Emila Pierce, as my mate and future Luna." he had a smug look on his face like he had won he started to walk away and I let him until he was in the main hall. Talking with pack members and students alike.

I knew what I was about to do would hurt him, even more then how his rejection hurt me. With a sob, I connected out links together, " I, Dylan Emilia Pierce, accept your rejection."

His eyes met mine before he crumbled to the ground moaning in pain. Everyone swelled around him. worry across their faces but his eyes were on mine as tears fell from his eyes. Breaking our link, I walked past him to Oscar, Sage, and Lexi. Grabbing Lexi I walked her to her class ignoring the commotion around us. Giving her a hug I left her at the door and turned the other way to my Biology class.

My life was changing quickly and it was up to me who was going to be in it. Luckily I had people in mind. Oscar and Sage could see the look on my face, my evil glint as they called. I was up to something and they knew it.

As we walked into biology my eyes met Alex and I silently dared him to call me weak again, little does he now that there's a fire in me.