{9}

It was the same vision, a girl talking to Xander outside, surrounded by many others. We were in the back yard of the pack house, he was grinning as she spoke animatedly about something. I saw him look over her shoulder, looking at me, and grinning such a warm smile. I felt so much love from him, hell I would give him as much love as I possibly could. But everything changed.

I saw the same familiar eyes, the red hollow empty eyes, jump from the tree line. It immediately but into her, taking out a chunk and leaving her bleeding on the floor. But Xander didn't kill it this time, this time, it killed Xander.

He sunk his claws deep into his chest before twisting, a gasp leaving his lips as he crumpled to the ground. Alex ran and ripped his throats out, before turning and howling in agony. I simply stood there, my eyes wide. I couldn't feel my heart beat, I couldn't force oxygen in my lungs, I was powerless, and broken.

***

I jolted awake, sucking in as much air as I could. I felt Xander's arm wrapped around my waist, but right now it felt like it was such a constriction. I pushed his arm off of me and fell to the floor, sucking in as much air as I could.

"Babe?" He sounded worried and confused, pulling back the blanket. "Ashe, babe you're scaring me."

"I'm fine." I pushed out, finally hearing my heartbeat return to normal. "Sorry, just a bad dream."

I heard him sigh out, my head looking up to meet his face. The moonlight shone through the window, illuminating his body. "Do you want to talk about it?"

I crawled back up on the bed, straddling his waist. My fingers traced his face, the pad of my thumb brushing across his cheek. "You died, and I got so scared." I whispered.

His hand came to clutch my wrist, his eyes shining through the dark room. My eyes flitted to the small alarm clock by me, the red light shining through. 2:37.

"That will never happen, I will never leave you." I relaxed visibly, laying my cheek onto his bare chest. I felt him kiss the top of my head, a content sigh leaving my lips.

***

I woke up again the the sound of the alarm, a groan leaving my mouth. I had school, had to be a normal teenager, a normal human.

I crawled off of Xander, his green eyes and wide smile greeting me. "So beautiful."

I rolled my eyes as I made my way to his bathroom, brushing my teeth and using the bathroom. I walked out to an empty room, throwing on another t shirt of his and a pair of leggings I'm sure were El's. I walked down the stairs to a very busy kitchen and dining room, the pack eating fast. A lot of the members in the dining room went to high school, various ones gobbling down breakfast like their life depended on it, and others simply sat there and ate like a normal being. I smiled as I watched Xander, sitting at the head of the table. He radiates so much power, God was he sexy.

I walked and kissed him right on the lips in front of every pack member, earning us a few whoops and hollers. I smiled at how well his pack accepted me, even now that they think I'm a human.

"Can I ask you something?" Xander looked worried, his eyebrows furrowed in place.

"Of course, but should we go somewhere private or...?" I trailed off.