{6}

I stared at him with a confused face, trying to not give away to any fact I knew what happened.
"What're you talking about?"

He reached forward and touched my lips gently, my eyes looking from his fingers back to his eyes. "Tell me you felt something."

I pulled his hand away from my mouth, leaning forward and kissed him gently, my lips enveloping his like it was the one thing I was meant to do in my life. It didn't shock me like before, but it felt as if fireworks were exploding inside of my heart, it felt so incredibly right.

I pulled away, smiling at his hazy glazed over face. He sighed out in contempt, his eyes finding my own. "Listen, there's something I have to tell you."

"Go ahead." I reached forward and took his hand, the fact I wasn't burning right now sent shock waves of pleasure down my skin.

"You're my-"

"Alpha Xander!" I looked up just as Daniel ran in, a look of worry on his face. "Rogues spotted near the lake with the waterfall, they're not attacking, just scoping out the area."

Xander growled, shifting from looking at Daniel back to me. "I'll have to wait to tell you," he took his hands out of my grasp and walked to Daniel. "Bring her to the pack house, that's an order."

"I can fight too!" I shouted, before realizing that I'm supposed to be human. "I mean, I know I'm not a wolf but I can still fight!"

"No, I don't want you getting hurt. If you get hurt, it'd, it'd, I wouldn't be able to function. Please, go to the pack house." He pleaded, his green eyes staring at me.

I nodded, relief washing over his face before he turned around and ran out. I watched his back as he left, feeling as if he took a part of my heart with him.

I looked over to Daniel watching me, his curious gaze cutting through me. "He's my mate and a fucking Alpha, what am I going to do?"

He simply chuckled as he brought me to his car. He turned the engine on and we rode the trip to the pack house in silence, my eyes wandering through the forest as we drove by.

We finally rolled in front of the pack house, the high colosseum archway opening up to the vine covered home. I had never really took in how huge the pack house was, or how beautiful until now. I knew the pack was huge, hell it was one of the largest in the US, I had never really though much about it.

We both stepped out, making our way into the home. Two guards stood at the door, nodding as we walked in. My mom and Linda rushed over to us as soon as we passed the threshold, their eyes instantly checking for any injuries.

"Mom, we're okay." Daniel said as mom placed her hands on him, looking for tenderness or cuts. "They haven't even attacked us, they just got spotted."

"Are they searching for Ashe?" My head popped up as Linda spoke, my eyes widening.

"They don't know who I am, why would they be?" Daniel protectively placed his hand on my shoulder, his fingers gripping my skin.

"They know of the fox spirit, the King of Rogues believes once he has it he will be invincible, and he isn't exactly wrong." I sucked in a breath, my eyebrows furrowing.

"I didn't even know there was such a thing as a King of Rogues, what about our king? We have one of those right?"

Linda just chuckled, along with Daniel and my own mom. "Of course we do sweetie, problem is, he just happens to be your mate."

"What?!" I screeched, my eyes flitting from each of their faces. "Was no one going to tell me!"

"He isn't yet, he has two more years. Once he reaches 20 he can take over, or wait another year. If he chooses to wait, each year he gets asked again until he either chooses to step up or fully step down and just be a Alpha."