t h e e n d

ended: monday, 24th of april, 2017

when i first started despair, i didn't have a plan in mind. all i knew was that i was going to make a story based upon mental illnesses since there isn't enough awareness. i knew, for a fact, that both justin and selena wasn't well in mental health, that they supposedly needed each other to feel ok.

mental health is not something to mess about with, nor is faking it to look 'cool'. you may think that people faking mental illness isn't reality, but, sadly, it is. we live in a world where we deem to fix the problem of mental health, but also in a world where people act depressed to look good on social media or to please others.

from personal experience, i knew someone who faked depression to become friends with somebody. in the end, they actually ended up depressed.

we call out people who bash mental illnesses yet we do nothing to help.

justin in the story, we can see, is already depressed when he meets selena: he feels like he's trapped in a fishbowl, that nobody would listen to him. in the chapter where we meet justin, he even mentions that he feels like an animal in the zoo, because all people ever did when seeing him in public was ask for a picture. even in award shows (which selena agrees on in the story) celebrities are false about their opinions; they smile in the audience in case the cameras film them so they don't seem false, they act friendly with everybody to get a photo together.

all in all, justin felt as if everything was cynical. he hated being followed by paparazzi, he hated how his fans didn't show interest in him anymore except for a photo.

so when he met selena on the night on the balcony, he immediately reacted to help her. and afterwards he begins texting her, because he feels that seeing her in that situation was relatable to him - he even thought of ways to end his life. he had severe depression, yet never did he mention it (nor did selena, but i had commented multiple times on it).

if you need someone to talk to, i am here. i'm always free, i'm always here to listen. please, if you feel like wanting to end your life, contact someone, reach out to someone, and make a change. depression is a hard thing, and you may feel like there's no point in life, but precisely what justin (irl) said, find your purpose.

for more information, or to reach out for help, go to www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org , http://13reasonswhy.info/#usa or call 18002738255

side note: please watch 13 reasons why for those who have not. it really brings massive awareness of what you say to those around you, and how much your actions impact others. it massively changes your perspective.

also, the epilogue will be posted soon, keep an eye out for it!

on another note, thank you endlessly for all your support, it means everything to me. i hope that i somehow contributed to awareness of mental health in your lives. thank you, thank you, thank you for everything, for just even reading my story whenever i update, for voting and commenting.

i love you ♡

backupaccount: nikIaus