forty-eight

the door downstairs slams shut. frightened at who it may be entering justin's home, she leaves his bedroom where he's peacefully sleeping, and descends the stairs gracefully.

"yo, bizzle," a husky voice calls from the entrance. now that she entered the large spacious room, she saw the man who had shouted.

"bizzle?" selena asks as a greeting, to alert him of her presence.

his head moves towards her direction, and then taking off his sunglasses, she's met with his dark brown eyes.

"yeah. bizzle is justin's nickname," the stranger says with a shrug. "i came up with it," he says boldly, proud of this achievement.

selena nods her head lightly, feeling slightly on edge. as if he understood why, he extends his hand out, and moves closer to her so she can shake his hand. whilst shaking their hands, he says, "i'm christopher." there was a warm smile on his lips that selena mirrored.

once retracting her hand away from christopher's grip, she told him her name. the smile continued to linger on christopher's lips.

"you're very beautiful," he compliments, taking closer steps to her. "maybe we could go out sometime?"

it was a question that caused selena's friendly smile to falter. transfixed, she stares at justin's friend. if they was friends, he would obviously know that justin took a liking to selena, right?

however, noticing selena's hostile body language, he shrugs it off with a chuckle. "it's cool." and then selena chortle's awkwardly, hoping she wouldn't cause an argument between justin and his friend. plus, he complimented her as a friendly thing, she mustn't take it the wrong way.

"justin's asleep," selena reported, referring to their earlier conversation about justin's whereabouts. christopher nods whilst walking around selena, observing her.

he guffaws, and then says, "i'm in no rush."

"do you – do you live here, too, with justin?" selena stutters nervously, feeling his intense stare on her.

finally stopping in front of selena, the warm smile still continued to linger on his lips. "yeah," he replies, licking his lips afterwards.

she nods her head lightly, before deciding that it's best not to make the situation awkward, she walks away further into the house. she could hear christopher's footsteps behind her, which only made her quicken her pace.

she finally stopped in the kitchen, grabs the same glass she gave to justin earlier, and rinses it out before filling the cup with tap water. she takes a sip, and turns away from the sink to look at christopher, who was leaning on a nearby counter.

"i'm going to check up on justin," she proposes. placing the cup back onto the counter near christopher, she begins to walk away.

"wait!" he calls out. obeying for her to stop, she turns to christopher with a friendly smile. "he's fine, really. he's had a long day, let him sleep."

he brings his phone out, and soon enough selena hear's the noise of the facetime call chiming. he swipes his thumb across the screen, licking his lips and sorting out his hair.

whoever was on the other line makes themselves known. "ew, twist, stop," the voice screeches, laughter following. christopher stops looking at his appearance in the small little box, and looks at the blonde haired girl on the phone.

"hails," he greets, shifting closer to the screen with a chuckle.

selena, suddenly feeling out of place, begins to retract away from the kitchen, but christopher stops her. "hey, selena!" he calls, making the person on the other line silent. "come say hello to hailey. you know her, right?"

selena nods her head before moving closer to him and the phone. "hi," selena squeals, moving closer to the phone so hailey could see her. and then her smile that she tried to surpass falters.

hailey wasn't even looking at selena, she was too busy with something off screen. when hearing selena's voice and seeing her appearance on the phone from the corner of her eye, she rolls her eyes, knowing that selena will see – and she did.

from their first encounter, selena didn't exactly imagine her to be a friendly person, but presumed that she'll be civil, that her liking to justin won't stop selena and herself from being friends

from their first encounter, selena didn't exactly imagine her to be a friendly person, but presumed that she'll be civil, that her liking to justin won't stop selena and herself from being friends. but, selena was wrong. hailey couldn't imagine being friends with someone who also liked her crush.

when hailey saw the pictures of justin and selena on their little hawaii getaway, she was furious and upset. hailey and him were getting on so well, and now selena had to ruin everything. it pained her seeing the way justin stared in awe at selena.

"hey," she mutters as a response to selena's greeting. moving off screen, selena looks up at christopher for assurance, but got none. he was smirking at the screen, trying to hold his laughter.

selena stands up properly from leaning on the counter next to christopher, and moves away, deciding to leave. since christopher was on facetime to hailey, she sensed that she was not wanted. justin was asleep, he wouldn't wake up anytime soon.

grabbing the bag she left on the couch from earlier she calls out a 'goodbye' and slams the door shut, feeling utterly useless.

* * *

a/n;
i made that gif, please don't steal it !! i hate that the hailey gif at the bottom of the screen disappears for, like, a second, but there's not much i could do about it ):

i'm sorry that this chapter sucks, but it's showing how christopher ( lil twist ) takes a liking to selena ;P

don't forget to vote and comment bbys ♡