Chap 2 - Strange

At the end of the hall was a crying Taehyung. He instantly began wiping away his tears. It was embarrassing to have your bully see you crying. To Jungkook though, Taehyung looked quite beautiful. He couldn't quite explain why he felt that way but there was denying it. He loved the way Taehyung looked with the sun shine down on him. It outlined his perfect figure and Jungkook had never noticed how a guy could look so good.

Jungkook slowly stepped towards Taehyung, unaware of what he was doing. Taehyung watched as the man he feared drew closer and closer until he was standing right in front of him.

"Don't cry." Taehyung looked up at Jungkook confusingly. He had been excepting to be teased for crying in the middle of the halls. Why was Jungkook speaking to him like this? As if coming out of a trance, Jungkook shook his head. "You should get to class before any more people catch you outside crying."

Taehyung slowly nodded his head and Jungkook turned around and went to his science class. When he entered the class, the teacher scolded him a little for being so late. He sat down at his desk and throughout the entire class, all he was able to think about was a crying angel.

'What's wrong with you, Jungkook?! Angel?! It's just Kim Taehyung! He's a freak. He's a devil. Get your head straight!' he thought to himself as the bell rang.

Over the next week, Jungkook hadn't run into Taehyung at all. It seemed as though he had vanished completely. Though Jungkook knew that Taehyung did that occasionally, Jungkook really wanted to speak to him or at least see him. He had decided that his fascination with Taehyung was just mere curiosity and nothing more. With each passing day, he felt himself wanting to see Taehyung more and more until finally, he saw Taehyung walking up to the school one morning. His spirits instantly lifted and he smiled at the sight of Taehyung.

"Why are you smiling?" Yoongi's voice sounded. "Oh hey! Taehyung's back. Perhaps we should go out for lunch again today."

Jungkook's smile instantly faded and he turned to Yoongi.

"I don't really want to eat out today. Maybe tomorrow..." Yoongi just shrugged and went back to stroking the sleeping Jimin's hair. The boy was sleeping on Yoongi's lap while they sat out in the schoolyard.

After a couple of hours, lunch finally came and Jungkook ran to the lunchroom, hoping that Taehyung may be inside. He scanned the room until he saw the familiar messy brown hair. He walked over to Taehyung who was eating by himself on a broken table.

"Why are you sitting here?" Taehyung dropped his fork in surprise. "This table's broken if you haven't noticed. Why don't you go sit with other people?"

"Why are you ... acting like this?" Taehyung asked softly.

"Like what?"

"You're ... being nicer than usual."

"Would you rather me take more money? I could use the cash actually." Taehyung looked back at his food. He wanted Jungkook to leave. He felt extremely uncomfortable with him standing right there. He wasn't sure if Jungkook was just toying with him. If that were the case, Taehyung was scared of the abuse he was going to receive if he fell for the act.

"Please leave."

"Jungkook can eat wherever he wants," Yoongi's voice spoke. "If anyone should leave, it should be this piece of trash sitting in front of me."

For the first time, Jungkook felt like hitting Yoongi. He didn't want him to say those things to Taehyung. No one was allowed to say such things to him anymore.

"It's all right Yoongi. Let's go. I don't feel like causing another fight today."

"Whatever."

With that, the group turned away from Taehyung. When exiting the lunchroom, Jungkook turned his head back to Taehyung and smiled slightly. 'He probably thinks I hit my head somewhere or have gone insane for being nice to him.' He caught up with the rest of them.

"Why are you acting strange today, Jungkook?" asked Namjoon.

"What do you mean?"

"We never eat in the lunchroom and you never decline a fight like that. Something is definitely different."

"Will you quit it already? Nothing different. I just don't feel like causing another uproar. Don't try to analyze me like some information in your textbook."

"Don't yell at Namjoon," Yoongi said. "He's right. You have been acting strange this entire week. Only today did you start talking to us normally."

"The only thing different about today that I can think of is the fact that Kim Taehyung is back at school. Is that the reason for this change?" asked Namjoon.

"No, it's not. Nothing's wrong with me, okay?" No one spoke for a moment. Jungkook felt anger building inside him. He didn't like his friends reading him like that.

"I'm sorry. If you say there's nothing wrong, I'll believe you." Namjoon smiled to Jungkook, trying to get his temper back to normal. Jungkook's main worry had begun to happen. What if his friends found out how he was nice to Taehyung ... What if they found out he liked Taehyung... He didn't want to think of their reactions to it. It surely wouldn't be good.

They continued on their day without further discussion about Jungkook's sudden changes. As school ended, Jungkook went to his locker and saw that someone was already there.

"You're Jeon Jungkook, right?" asked the guy leaning against his locker.

"Yes. Why?"

"I saw you talking with Taehyung at lunch. Are you friends with him now?"

"What? No way!" This was the truth. As much as he wanted to, he couldn't become friends with Taehyung. "Why do you want to know if we're friends or not?"

"Because I saw some guys take him behind the school. I thought you would want to know if you were friends with him. Since you're not, I'll let you continue on with your day. Bye."

'Taehyung?' Instantly, he sped off to the back doors of the school.