"Run"

"Guys, that was so much fun!" Pam gushes. "Right! I've never laughed harder." I say with a huge grin. The night out was amazing, we laughed, talked, and watched cute boys walk by. The night couldn't get any better! "Guys, I have to quickly stop by at the convenience store to by food for my dog" Pam says with a pout. "I'll go with you! Are you coming Bellz?" Olivia asks me with a raised eyebrow. "Sorry guys, I'm exhausted. I think I'm going to go home" I say with a shrug of my shoulders. "Okay, that's okay. Text us when you get home." Pam says while giving me a hug, Olivia giving me the same gesture. "Bye girlies" I wave and turn on my heel. 

The night is dark. Giving off an eerie feeling to my body. I look around and spot no one. What time is it? I check my phone and it reads 10:30pm. My eyes go wide at how late it is. Did we really lose track of time that much? I continue walking, but stop in my tracks when I hear rustling behind me. I debate on if I should turn around or not. I turn around slowly and see nobody there. It was probably a cat or a squirrel.

Out of all the days I walked home in the dark, this has to be the longest trip home. I hear the rustling again and goosebumps rose to my skin. I chose not to turn around this time, just in case if I see something behind me. I continue to walk when I hear footsteps. I stop walking and I can't hear the footsteps anymore. I walk again, then I hear them. I try walking again but I can't help but feel a presence behind me. "Run" the voice says, making me shudder and dash. I run and run, ran quicker than my legs could carry me just to get away from the dark, creepy night. 

It's becoming hard to breathe and my legs are getting tired. My heart is thumping so hard in my chest I feel like its going to explode inside. I see the building so I pick up my pace, afraid to turn around. What if its behind me? Whatever it was, I know it was a man. I make it inside the building and I continue to run into my room. I barge into my room without any care in the world, I just want to be safe. Teddy jumps from the couch with crazy eyes, staring back at me. 

"HOLY FUCK ARE YOU OKAY?" Teddy screams at me, popcorn flying everywhere. "NO!" I scream back, on the verge of tears. "What the fuck happened?" she asks me, her voice lowering. "I uh was um walking uh home and uh it was dark, and um someone was following uh me and uh um told me to um uh run and I um uh ran" I tell her stuttering and shaking. "I'm sure it's all in your head Arabella." she tells me, picking up the popcorn. "It's not" I say shaking my head. The one thing I hate, is when people don't believe you. "It was dark outside and you were paranoid that's it. Also, you need to stop walking in the dark because what if something happens?" she scolds, reminding me of my mother.

I chose to ignore her and take of my shoes. I'm surprised I was able to run that fast in these heels. I take off my clothes and put on my pajamas. I remove my makeup, brush my teeth, wash my face and head to bed. I don't want to sleep now since I'm still shaken up from previous events, so I decide to text Pam and Olivia in the group chat.

To: Food Lovers <3

Hey guys I made it home

From: Food Lovers <3

Pam: GREAT

Olivia: Good I'm glad you made it home safe 

To: Food Lovers <3

Guys when I was walking home something weird happened I heard rustling in the background and then footsteps. After that someone told me to run so I ran home so quick

From: Food Lovers <3 

Pam: was he hot? 

Olivia: It was probably all in your head

Olivia: tf Pam? 

To: Food Lovers <3

Guys! It wasn't in my head I know what I heard.

I'm slightly getting frustrated because NOBODY believes me. 

From: Food Lovers <3

Olivia: It's probably someone trying to mess with you

I didn't reply at that point. 

I know what I heard. The voice, the footsteps, the presence, it was all so,

Dominant. 

2:56AM. 

I keep tossing and turning but I just can't sleep. I can't sleeping knowing that happened to me. It's so so scary. Why me? Why does nobody believe me? This isn't some horror movie, when something scary happens everyone says, "It's just the wind". I know for a fact that I'm not seeing or hearing things. I keep getting goosebumps and I can't seem to close my eyes either. When I close them, I immediately open them. Tears start to pool my eyes, falling one by one. I can't help but cry at this point. I feel so unsafe. 

Slowly slowly, my eyes start to fall shut, allowing sleep to take over me. 

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT! "TEDDY" I scream to the top of my lungs. "SHUT UP, I'M TURNING IT OFF" she screams back. My head hits the pillow, as I stretch. I pick up my phone and start to scroll through social media. I like a few pictures and reply to a few snap-chat's. I stretch again, profanities leaving my mouth. I get up and look outside the window, watching people go about their day. When I look at people, I always wonder what goes through their head or what have they been through? I shake my head out of these thoughts and start getting ready. 

I decided to wear black tights, black ankle boots, white tank top and a maroon bomber jacket. Perfect, I thought to myself as I look into the mirror. I didn't apply a lot of makeup today, it consists of a little bit of foundation and some mascara. 

I decided to have a fruit salad for breakfast, since I didn't want to go down to the cafeteria. This reminds me that I have to run to the store to buy some groceries since it's my turn, teddy went last week. I finish up my breakfast and make my way outside.

As I walk outside the building, last nights events came to mind. I try to shake them off, but it's no use. The sun is up and bright today which makes me happy, I hate the cold. I make my way to the little grocery store near the building and I pick up some things. I bought bananas, strawberries, bread, cheese, chips obviously and a packet of water. I pay for my things and walk out of the shop.

I'm having a bit of trouble carrying this packet of water, since it's so heavy. I pull through and make my way inside the building and into my room, finally dropping everything on the floor. I start putting things where they belong and grab myself a room temperature water bottle. Cold water gives me a throat ache. 

Teddy is still asleep which is surprising because she's usually up and ready by 8:00am. I don't blame her though, school does make you tired emotionally, and physically. I sit down on my bed and see I got a few notifications from twitter. I open them just to see what's happening and what kind of drama is going on. 

A few hours pass and I open my eyes. I realize that I took a nap and I'm slightly confused because I don't remember going to sleep. I check the time and it reads 5:30pm, I want to go to the library today to purchase some new books, but I'm afraid.

 NO! I'm not afraid, I am not going to live my life in fear because I am not a weak ass bitch! I mentally high five myself. 

I leave the dorm room and start walking to the library with a huge toothy grin on my face. People are giving me weird looks as to why I'm smiling this much, but I don't care one bit. 

I arrive at the library and immediately start searching for books. I look at the categorizes in front of me, 

Romance.

Thriller.

Action.

Horror.

Mystery.

I chose a romance one because who wouldn't? The book is called 'A Walk to Remember' by Nicholas Sparks. Oh how much I love Nicholas Sparks. I start reading the book, tuning off the world around me. 

 "Without suffering, there'd be no compassion." - Nicholas Sparks, A Walk to Remember.