1.7

Soulmates are Stupid: chapter 17

Dan's classes seemed as if they were as long as the Earth has been around.

Especially his physical education class. Dan's never been athletic so he decided to do some yoga. The problem was that it was so slow, and the room felt like being on the hot sand.

At least he had a black mat and black workout clothes. That was good enough.

When he got back to the safety of his dormitory--Felix wasn't there, thank the good Lord--he decided that procrastination needed him more than homework or studying. Besides, it was Phil's birthday. He should celebrate. But he wasn't really asked to celebrate so a night of procrastinating it was.

He felt discomfort in his bed when he realized about his assignments due the next day.

"Great," he murmured to no one. "Now I can't procrastinate."

He sighed, rolling onto his back and scrolled through the depths and despair of tumblr dot com.

~

It was around 5 pm when Dan realized that he was getting a headache. He also noticed that his phone was 23% from dying completely.

He sighed again, finally noticing Felix at his desk working on something.

"Finally out of your browsing session?" Felix asked over his shoulder.

"Yes," Dan replied while getting up and going to his desk just to plug his phone into the charger.

He also sat at his desk, logging onto his laptop and pulling up Safari.

Felix and Dan's desks were right next to each other so Felix could be like a mum policing her child on doing his/her homework.

"You better start, Daniel James Howell," Felix said, breathing down Dan's neck. "At 3 am, there's going to be a fire drill, and you might not want to be dead weight."

"I know, mum," Dan joked.

But Felix did not look amused. "Dan. I'm not joking."

"Yeah, I know. Can you get me something to eat?"

He was leaving. "You know I'm not your maid, right?"

"Pish-posh!" Dan replied, waving his hand like he was dismissing someone.

If he could see Felix, he was probably rolling his eyes.

Dan laughed. "Thank you, my maid!"

Felix groaned, but he came back with some crisps and a water bottle--the refillable ones because they aren't as much money as disposable ones.

"And you said you weren't a maid," Dan joked, taking the black bottle and bag of crisps out of Felix's grip.

"You need to stop calling me a maid because obviously I'd be a butler."

"Whatever the princess wants."

Dan heard Felix scoff before letting out a soft chuckle himself.

~

Dan was fuming. It was Tuesday morning, and all Dan managed to finish was charging his iPhone.

Felix had been bringing it up all morning. He'd sing-song "Dan's gonna fail-ail!"

Before he had to leave was when Dan finally snapped.

"Can you stop?" Dan asked with anger.

Felix shook his head to mean no. "Sorry, can't do that. Too busy having fun."

But after ten minutes, even Felix got bored. "Are you ready for class?"