0.3

Soulmates are Stupid: chapter 3

Dan told Chris and Peej (they're soulmates so they'd understand) in the morning at breakfast and they were excited that Dan wouldn't have the realization that he'd have to be straight, even though his wasn't. 

"You need to find your soulmate's reaction, Dan!" Chris exclaimed. 

PJ nodded. "But what if he's straight?"

"Oh, God," Dan said. "That would be horrible." Out of the corner of Dan's chocolate brown eyes, he noticed Phil with Carrie and Cat at talking to each other and probably wondering where to sit. "Can we invite Phil, Carrie and Cat to our table?" Dan asked.

The soulmates opposite Dan nodded. "Sure," they both said. 

Dan got out of his seat and went to they two girls and Phil. 

"You can sit with, if you like," Dan said.

They all shrugged and followed Dan. 

Everyone went into their separate conversations. 

"You heard your soulmate again, Phil?" Cat hissed. Dan overheard this and felt a little bit of panic.

"Yeah," Phil said. He sounded a little disappointed to Dan but he was whispering. 

Dan didn't want to spy on the rest of the conversation to he continued listening to Chris and PJ's. 

~

Dan didn't socialize after classes. Not like he did anyways. Today, was the last day of classes before holiday, where Dan would go back to Berkshire to visit his parents and other family. So before the flight the following day, Dan decided to take a nap. Felix was out with Jack and Mark and some other people so he wouldn't have to hear people talking when Dan wanted to hear nothing but the sound of the heater that sounded like angry God. 

Dan fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow. It was warm in the room, probably because the door's been closed all day and nobody, besides Dan, was in there. 

He turned on his phone alarm to 4:30 so he wouldn't miss dinner at five and so he could start packing for the two weeks at home. But Dan knew that he was going to procrastinate and put off his packing until an hour until his flight leaves. 

At 4:17, Dan woke up to a knocking at his door. Dan decided it was Felix. 

No, it was Phil.

"Hey, Cat," Phil said. "Oh sorry, Dan."

"Hey, Phil," Dan said, flattening down his bed head. 

"Oh is this the floor for men? Even numbers are females right? Or is that just the South Dorms?"

"Yeah, girls are even numbers. Which dorms are you going to?"

"Cat and Carrie said that their dorm was on floor 09, room 20."

"Yeah, no, they're probably in the West Dorms." Chris and PJ live in the East Dorms with they same floor as Dan so he didn't even bother with the East ones.

Phil nodded. "Thanks, Dan." He left Dan, heading the opposite way to the staircase. Phil realized his mistake and ran the right way to the steps. 

Dan shut the door to his room and put his black suitcase on the bed and started to pack without procrastinating his way out. 

~

Felix didn't get to the room until midnight and he was half drunk/half sober and he collapsed on his bed in his clothes. 

Dan was happy to have pack his suitcase the day before, because he woke up late and almost missed his flight.