1.1

Soulmates are Stupid: chapter 11

Trigger Warning: underage drinking

Dan couldn't fall asleep that night. No, it wasn't Felix. No it wasn't Phil. It was the thought in his mind that he wasn't good enough to be a lawyer. Of course, he didn't really want to be a lawyer, he'd like to do some photography nonsense, video-editing stuff.

Dan lied on his back, staring at the edged, beige ceiling. Felix's breathing was the only sound, other than the incessant knocking of the vent fan. He tried to contact Phil, but he was probably asleep. He knew if he went on his phone or computer, he would get sucked into the vortex called tumblr.

He tried doing what everyone always told him to do when he couldn't sleep: he counted how many fucks he gave. No he didn't. He counted sheep.

But that didn't work.

He flipped his book light on (which, in reality, was just his phone whilst charging), making sure Felix was fast asleep before hand, and decided to read Soulmates are Stupid

Finally after reading a couple chapters, Dan was tired. But when his head hit the pillow...he was wide awake again.

He closed his eyes, done with trying to sleep and let the blackness slowly take him away.

~

He was happy for the weekend. He was really happy that he didn't have classes after the fiasco of not being able to sleep. Felix went out early in the morning to do something. To be honest, Dan had no idea.

Felix did leave on the door that there was a party that night. Dan knew, before questioning why Felix left it there, that the older Swed was going to make him go.

Dan sighed and turned on his computer. He quickly put in his password, his familiar background of a dark galaxy gave him comfort.

He stared at the galaxy and instantly forgot about doing anything. Turning off his computer, Dan gathered his coat and keys (as well as his wallet) and headed to the campus library. On the way to the door, Dan wrote "I'll be at the library" and put it on a sticky note and put it under Felix's party note.  And he left.

It was warming up. It was a little bit warmer than the previous day, not that much though. Dan noticed that the ice and snow and sleet was melting and a little bit of the browned grass peeked out. A little bit of colour in the dark winter. Dan kept his gaze up from the ground and fixed it on buildings to the way to library.

So what are you doing today? Phil asked.

I'm going to the library because I have nothing better to do, Dan said.

Cool, I was just there. They remodeled the upper story.

How? It was new to Dan about the remodeling, but then again, he hasn't been there since before break.

Moved some of the shelves and put a television and a gaming console and a shelf full of games.

Really? The library?

Yeah, I kinda miss the desks up there for studying.

I guess so.

And Philly didn't respond. Philly. Dan liked that nickname. But Dan didn't know if his older soulmate liked it. All Dan knew was that he didn't give a shit.

But that was a conversation for another day.

Dan was at the library and decided to check out the conspiracy himself. Not that he didn't believe Phil Lester; he just wanted to see if it was true.