0.7

Soulmates are Stupid: chapter 7

Christmas Break ended for Dan three days after New Years Day. 

He kissed his mum's forehead, did a 'Man Hug' with his father and ruffled his brother's hair before heading to the aeroplane. 

"Dan, wait!" his brother exclaimed before Dan left. "I'll see you soon?"

"I promise on my life, Adrian," Dan said. He didn't really know why his brother asked if Dan will see him soon.

Shrugging, the hobbit-haired boy went on the plane and sat in his seat near the window.

This was going to be a long flight for Dan. But he had something he didn't have on the way to his parent's house. He had Soulmates are Stupid. Dan heard the spine of the book creak as he opened the cover up.

Dan turned to the first page and read the words: Not having a soulmate isn't a bad thing; it makes you unique, not having something billions of people have. 

~

A couple of hours later, Dan got his suit case and headed to where Felix told Dan he would be. 

Felix was there. Dan laughed, rushing up to the Swed. "You kept your promise."

"Well, duh," Felix laughed. "You're one of my best friends."

The two Europeans went to Felix's car and the two friends went back to University.

Dan ran up the stairs with his suitcase dragging behind him, getting caught on each individual step. He was happy to be back near Phil, near his friends, hell he even missed his homework and the torture of a law degree. 

Dan unpacked his stuff, putting his dirty clothes from the last day (he washed his clothes, not the stuff he was wearing because he was doing that on the last day of break, before coming back to University) into his laundry hamper. He put Soulmates are Stupid on his bookshelf with his textbooks and his other stuff on his desk. 

He was so happy to be back. 

Felix sat on his bed, telling Dan all of his adventures returning to Sweden. Felix went on about how he missed Jack, PJ, Dan and Marzia in Sweden. 

Dan ran his hand through his hair. "It was torture being with my family when I'm so used to here."

Felix chuckled. "I know what you mean. I miss Sweden with all my heart, but I got attached to England."

"England isn't so great when you've lived here all your life. Especially, London being a new town for me."

"Wow."

Dan nodded. "So what did you get for Christmas?"

Felix's eyes lit up as he began to talk about the gaming controllers (games themselves as well) and the gaming-related T-shirts from Hot Topic(al)

Dan nodded, making it seem as if Dan was listening to Felix's words, where in reality, Dan was paying no attention to the Swed. Dan was paying attention to the new details to room. The Christmas decorations were changed to a pastel pink and silver tinsel hanging above the windows, door and beds. 

"Dan," Felix said, snapping his fingers in front of the younger boy, trying to get his attention. 

Dan snapped back into reality. "What?" 

"What did you get for Christmas?"

"T-shirts and books"--Dan picked up Soulmates are Stupid --"like this one."

Felix nodded. "'Soulmates are Stupid'?"

"Yeah," Dan said in between laughs. "Stupid title right?"

Felix nodded again. "I know right. It's like a book title being called 'This Book Loves You'."

Dan smirked, trying to keep his laughter in. "Okay then."

The younger boy went to the foot of his bed and began to organize his already-unpacked-stuff. He put the shirts and other garments on plastic hangers, and he put them into his closet. 

Once finished, he sat on his bed and started to read Soulmates are Stupid. Though he didn't agree with the title, he did like the idea of a person writing a book about being a Fallen Soul. 

"Is that a good book?" Felix called over the sound of Halo 3

"Yeah," Dan called back. 

Dan could tell that Felix was nodding.

Dan sighed, inhaling through his mouth. He tried to concentrate on the words. But he couldn't. 

Hey, Dan. I'm going to tell you my name soon.

A/N OMG THIS IS SHORT I KNOW. AND 500+ READS!!! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHILLY YOU'RE 30 NOW!!! He's growing up too fast.

And here are the countries who have read so far!:

And the song above is one I just discovered lately and I fell in love with it