0.8

Soulmates are Stupid: chapter 8

What? Dan told Phil.

My name. I know yours. Why not tell you mine. 

Dan shrugged. I guess.

Dan cut out of the telepathic "airway" and alerted all remaining attention to his book.

But he couldn't. Concentrate, that is. Dan wanted to go somewhere. The brunette jumped to his feet and exited to room before Felix could ask Dan where he was going. 

Dan exited the building and headed to the cafeteria. He was hungry and the only place you can go--on campus--was the cafeteria. 

He cursed himself for forgetting his jacket in his dorm, but he felt relief when he entered the heated place. The doors fogged up when it opened, and Dan felt the air trapped in the entrance flew through his straightened hair, making it shoot up.

He went through the barely-any-people-line and got and apple and one of those miniature cereal boxes (that you can get a hotels) and sat with his back against the wall of the room. Someone joined him when Dan was almost finished with his apple.

"Is it alright if I joined you?" a voice said. 

Dan nodded. "Sure. My name's Dan."

"Tyler. Tyler Oakley." The boy--Tyler--stuck out his hand, and Dan shook it. 

Dan smiled. "What are you studying?"

"Video graphics and programming," Tyler paused. "You?"

Dan rolled his eyes at the thought of degrees and those fancy lawyers that are snobby and posh. "Law."

"Good luck."

Dan smiled. "Thank you."

Dan and Tyler talked until they both finished their snacks. 

"I'll see you tomorrow?" Dan asked. 

Tyler nodded. "Sure. I'll be with my soulmate, Troye Sivan. Troye with an e."

"I'll probably be with Chris, Peej and maybe Carrie, Cat and Phil."

"Phil?"

Dan tensed. "My soulmate."

Tyler nodded, understanding Dan's situation. "Well," he said getting up from the ground. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Dan smiled at his new friend with a caramel quiff. "Bye, Tyler."

"Bye, Dan."

And with that, both boys threw out their trash and headed different ways to their residence. 

~

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!" Felix yelled at Dan like Molly Weasley yelled at her sons in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

"I was in the Dining Hall," Dan replied, shutting the door behind him.

"I'VE BEEN WORRIED YOU LITTLE SHIT!"

"Sorry!"

Dan made his way to his bed and collapsed on it before Felix could explode in anger. 

Before Dan could escape the world into the dark abyss of sleep, Felix said, "Don't expect me to forgive you."

"You enjoy my presence," Dan said, half asleep. 

"True."

And Dan fell asleep. Not into the dark abyss he hoped for, but with the dark abyss with a certain person--a person with dyed black hair and a smile that makes the world shake.

Dan looked into the blackness he desired but it wasn't as black as he hoped. It was like a 'space gray' or something of that sorts. There was a person in the darkness. Pale skin--like Voldemort--and black hair and a fringe that started on the right side of his face and ended at the left. Blue, green and yellow eyes and a smile that was like sunshine. It was Phil. But he wasn't smiling. Phil was gloomy, frowning at something Dan couldn't see. Dan walked closer to the gloomy dream Phil. The eyes weren't blue with shades of yellow and green. They were a shade of dark brown almost black. Demonic black. Dan swiped the fringe from Phil's forehead, the shade of black had little strands of ginger seeping through the blackness. Black. This wasn't a word Dan liked when talking about Phil. To Dan, Phil was too rainbows and sunshine and pugs for wearing the colour black. Dan deserved to wear black. He was depressed. He had scars litter his wrists and thighs. He didn't like it. But it was who he was. The Dream Phil disappeared from Dan's grip, disappeared from the black dream. And Dan was left alone in his picture-perfect world.

~

Dan sat up, panting from waking up. He turned to Felix, but he was fast asleep. Only one person more other than calling.

Hey, soulmate? Dan telepathically asked.

Yeah? And my name is, Phil paused.

Your name is?

Phil. You can call me Phil.

I know.

How?!

Um. Your memory of cutting.

Dammit. Sorry about that. I ruined it. 

No you didn't. Dan paused, not knowing how to ask for something. May I come over. It's alright if you say no.

You can come my dorm is on floor 6, room 20.

Thank you.

Dan stepped out of his bed and went to the South Dormitories remembering to take his coat with him this time as well as his phone. But before, Dan put a Post-it Note on the door telling Felix where he was and why. 

It took Dan a couple of minutes in the cold January air to realize that going over to Phil's was probably a cry baby move. How would Dan tell Phil that he wanted to come over after having a nightmare that Phil was a demon? He decided to jog his way to the building to escape the cold. 

The building was one of the nicer buildings in the University. It was built about twenty years before Dan came to University. Unlike any of the other buildings, there was an actual elevator and the stairs were the nice marble that only millionaires could afford. Dan entered the elevator, afraid that if he touched anything it would ruin its pristineness. Dan believed that he could have climbed up the stairs if they weren't so pretty. The elevator dinged, letting Dan escape into the 6th floor. He walked down the hall until he came to room 20. He knocked on the door. 

It was now or never for Dan. He would not meet Phil as a friend today. He would meet him as a soulmate.  

A/N 700+ reads! and on my other story, the phan, there's 100 reads.

 And I have a phan texting au. Would you like me to publish it? Also are we at that point where I can give you my social medias? *shrugs* either way here they are!

Other wattpad: @caleighmevanshre

Tumblr: caleighmevanshre

Instagram: caleighmevanshre or someheroeswearcatwhiskers

Twitter: cmevanshre

Pinterest: Tyler Oakley is Queen (fandomemperor) or Caleigh Evans (EruditeQueen)