0.9

Soulmates are Stupid: chapter 9

Phil opened the door a couple moments later. His hair looked like he just had sex. For a 22-year-old, Phil was wearing Cookie Monster pyjama bottoms and a Muse T-shirt.

"Hey, Dan," Phil yawned, moving out of the way so Dan could come in.

Dan looked around. The bedding Phil had looked like Dan's in his room but it had bright blues and greens unlike black and gray. Unlike Dan, Phil's roommate wasn't there.

"Where's your roomie?" Dan asked. 

Phil looked wide-awake. "Probably with Louise."

Dan raised his eyebrow. "What?"

"Matt's my roommate."

"Oh."

"So, what's the matter, Dan?" Phil asked.

Dan tensed. "WellIkindahadadreamwhereyoudiedandwereademon."

"What?"

"Well," Dan said slowly. "I kinda had a dream where you died and became a demon."

Dan felt Phil wrap his arms around him. 

"Do you need the sleeps?" Phil asked.

Dan nodded, his thoughts of being a cry baby reappeared. "Yes, please."

"You can go on my bed. I'm not really tired."

Dan nodded again and climbed into Phil's bed. After a couple moments, Dan felt lonely.

"Phil?" Dan asked. "Can you join me?"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

Phil climbed next to Dan and faced him.

"Goodnight, soulmate,"Phil said. 

Dan kissed his soulmate's forehead. "Goodnight."

And Dan slept, not stirring in the arms of Phillip Lester.

Dan awoke when he heard Phil's alarm--Hysteria by Muse. Dan woke up first, Phil was still sleeping, a quiff with ginger streaks became his hair. The younger boy laughed. 

"I like your hair, Phil," said Dan. 

Phil blushed. "I don't."

"Why?"

Phil shrugged. "Probably because it makes me look like my brother."

"Oh."

Martyn Lester, Dan didn't know too much about him, all Dan knew was that Martyn was engaged but Dan didn't know to who. 

Dan got up from the bed. "Thank you for letting me stay last night."

"No problem," said Phil with a smile. "I'll see you later?"

Dan nodded, also smiling. "Yeah. Probably during meals or classes we share."

Phil nodded, and Dan left, though Dan wasn't ready to start the day of a University student.

He found it very hard to walk in the cold in pyjamas that aren't really made for the chilling temperatures. Especially when other student's who's classes start at 8 am, the noticed Dan's plaid pyjama bottoms, his regular black shirt and jacket. 

Dan hurried to his room, fast enough so people walking by wouldn't see him but slow enough that Felix wouldn't be getting ready. Dan's felt the wind burn his cheeks and he brought his jacket closer to his face and shivered.

~

Felix wasn't there when Dan finally managed to get back. Dan sighed in relief, happy that he wouldn't get scolded after getting scold the previous day. 

Dan got dressed in black skinny jeans, another black t-shirt and his leather jacket. He felt better with himself in his normal attire, the shade of black. The only colour in Dan's outfit was his hair, skin and eyes. Though his tanned complexion isn't really a colour. 

Dan grabbed his backpack--black, by the way--and his keys as well as his phone before heading to the Dining Hall to meet Chris and Peej.

He exited his room and shut the door normally. Dan usually slammed his door to tell Felix that he wasn't in the mood for bs and University things. The random students passing by must have noticed Dan's mood change because they all stopped and gaped. 

Dan jumped at the sight of everybody staring at him. Dan hurried to the staircase and sprinted his way to the Dining Hall. 

But sprinting everywhere has consequences. Dan's consequence was running into a random person passing.

"Oh my God!" Dan exclaimed. "I'm so sorry!"  

The person got up. "No, it's fine--Dan?"

Dan faced the person he accidentally made fall onto the ground. As luck would have it, it was Phil. 

Dan blushed deeply. "I'm sorry, Phil."

Phil laughed. It was Phil's laugh that always made Dan smile. "It's alright."

"Where are you going?"

"Breakfast. You?"

"Same."

Phil looked at the ground. "Do you want to walk together?"

Dan smiled, of course, it wasn't as bright as Phil's smile. "I'd like that."

Phil smiled, his tongue peeking through his radiant teeth. And both boys walked together, not once mentioning the 'episode' the previous night, even though Dan hoped Phil would bring it up. 

A/N thanks for 800+ reads!