1.0

Soulmates are Stupid: chapter 10

Neither Dan nor Phil brought up the previous night. Chris and PJ noticed something was up, however. 

After breakfast, Chris stopped Dan.

"Dan," Chris hissed into Dan's right ear. 

"What?" Dan scowled.

"What's going on with you and Sir Phillip?"

Dan tensed, and Chris noticed. "Nothing's going on with me and Phil. Why do you ask?"

"Because I saw you go into Phil's building last night."

"What makes you think I went to Phil's room?" Dan asked. 

"Please. We all know that you're soulmates."

"Well yeah. We're soulmates but it's not like we were together."

Dan left a bewildered Chris Kendall in the Dining Hall as Dan walked to his first class. 

Dan's first class had a touch of topics from high school.

No offense to what happened during that time period, but Dan was barely paying attention. He was looking at the window, paying attention to the little snowflakes and chunks of ice falling from the roof of the building. He was watching the wind blow snow off the pine trees around the windows. 

He saw Mark look at him, all worried and nonsense. Dan caught the boy's attention and smiled at him. Mark smiled back and set his gaze back on the teacher.

Dan looked down at his textbook that none of the teachers made them use but made them spend hundreds of dollars on them. He had highlighted important things that the teachers never talked about until the day before the exam. Just to be prepared. Because you never know. 

All of the wonderfully typed words turned into a blurry mess when Dan was trying to concentrate. His head was pounding against his skull. 

His seat partner, Jenna, tapped his shoulder. "Dan are you alright?" she whispered.

Dan nodded and whispered back, "Yeah, I'm fine, Jenna."

She pressed her lips into a fine line. "Okay, Dan."

Dan felt out of breath, his breathing delayed for seconds at a time. He felt a spot of heat on his arms. Of course, how did he not know. Dan was having a panic attack. 

As soon as the heat, the headache, the delayed breathing started, it stopped. Dan felt fine. There was no heat, no headache, no trouble breathing. 

Maybe it wasn't a panic attack. It was probably an anxiety attack. 

Jenna looked at him, worry plastering her face. Dan smiled at her, relief filling his body. 

He looked back at the teacher, who had no idea what any of his students were doing, probably didn't care about his students feelings or something.

He grabbed his scattered papers and wrote the notes the professor wrote on the board. 

~

Dan was the first people to get out of the classroom. The professor, the one who barely teaches and when he does it's minimal, let them out of class almost ten minutes late because he was giving a lecture about wasting time. Then, after 5 minutes, he realized that he was wasting time so he growled. Literally growled. Then he dismissed them. Luckily, Dan was done with classes for the day. 

The weather was becoming warmer, still bitterly cold but it was good enough. Dan didn't have to pack on winter coats and tie scarves around his neck and top it off, literally, with a hat. All Dan had to wear, other than clothes, was his polar fleece jacket. 

Dan looked at the scattered clouds in the gray sky, threatening the earth for rain. He entered the North buildings fast enough before the sudden downpour started.

"Thank God," Dan muttered to nobody. He sighed in relief, happy that he wouldn't be caught in his hobbit hair. 

Hobbit hair was a curse to him. His family, friends and acquaintances all liked it. It was annoying to Dan, the curls always got in his face. 

He gripped the metal keys in his left hand. The jagged edges cut into his palm. He fiddled with the keys when trying to open the door. 

"It's already open, Dan!" Felix yelled, probably hearing the keys. 

Dan's cheeks flushed red. "Sorry, Felix!"

He turned the door knob and came into the room. Marzia, Felix, PJ and Jack were all on Felix's bed, probably gossiping about teachers and teacher/student relationships rumoured to be happening. 

"Hello?" Dan said, though to him it sounded more of a question than a statement. 

Peej waved, Marzia smiled, Jack nodded a 'hello' and Felix did a two finger hello (like when Dan goes Hello Internet). Dan put his backpack on his desk and looked longingly out the window, looking at the black and silver cars that the teacher's owned that were parked unorganized. 

A/N ONE THOUSAND! ONE THOUSAND FUCKING READS! (It's almost at 1.1k!) WHY DOES THIS EVEN HAVE READS? Also, a new cover for 1k. 

Also here are some more countries who have read

Also here are some more countries who have read. And sorry this is short, my parents are making me go outside because it's like 60 degrees Fahrenheit.