Chapter #16: Life

×Tenten's POV×

We were walking to my room quietly. He didn't say anything until we got there. I shut the door behind me and we sat on my bed.

"So...ummm Neji? May I ask you a question?"---

"Yes, you may."-- he said nodding.

" How come you and Hinata are family....but you guys don't even talk to each other...... "-- I said in a curious way.

He then looked at the ground and stared at it a bit sad for a while.

" It's....a long story"-- he said, still looking down.

"Well....we've got all the time in the world....its only two o'clock...."-- I said looking at him firmly.

" Alright then....were should I begin.... "-- he said and brought his head up and removed his headband.

" The Hyuga Clan possesses a cycle of hatred. The main household is granted all the privileges, while the branch family receives a curse mark. It symbolizes a bird locked in a cage. "-- he looked at me and pointed at his forehead....he had a curse mark....

"The branch families duty is to protect the main household. My father and Lady Hinata's father were brothers; twin brother's to be exact. But Hinata's father, lord Hiashi Hyuga was born mere seconds before my father, the first born. Therefore he was head of the family, while my father was vanished into a lesser family."-- he stopped talking and tightened his fist's.....

" It was then, on the day of Hinata's third birthday, that the curse mark was put on me and I was made a bird in a cage...by my own uncle. This curse mark isn't a simple decoration.... it's a curse mark that keeps the branch family in their place. It control's our ability of the Byakugan. It reminds the branch family that their brains can be pulverized at any moment, therefore we of the branch family had to be obedient and not question the main household's order's. Of course our Clan was the only one who possessed this ability and therefore other's have tried to steal it from us. But one dreadful night.....it all changed....they went to far.......another Clan abducted Lady Hinata. But her father lord Hiashi, caught him and killed the man. By his actions, the other Clan wanted revenge from their lose. A life for a life. A deal, in which the man that had killed their clan member must also die, or else they would start a war."-- he said in a sad voice....

"But Neji.....I've m-met Hinata's father before.....and he isn't dead....."-- I said in a confused tone.

" You're right, he's not. The man killed to avoid a war was my father. They were twins, they looked exactly the same but their destinies were far different. "--- he said with a trembling voice....but it wasn't because of sadness.... I could sense there was still hatred deep inside of him.

" I'm sorry.....I shouldn't have asked...."-- I told him taking his hand and comforted it.

"Its alright. But what about you? What about your family?"--

" Ohh....well I don't have a family actually. My parents were killed on a mission when I was two years old....so I didn't get to know them very well. I've lived alone practically my whole life."-- I said and looked at him and a faint smile appeared on my face.

"I see....I'm sorry for your lose."-- he said and hugged me tight....

"Ohh don't worry about it....anyways...tomorrow I had planned to go buy some stuff for the girls....wanna come with me?...."

"I have to go with you Anyways. I'm your bodyguard, remember?"-- he said chuckling a bit.

" Ohh yeah.... "-- I said giggling.

We then both went to our separate rooms....and the day ended, just like that.