I looked down at her, her eyebrows scrunched together as she yelled in the worst pain she had probably experienced. I supported her arm gently up from the blood stained wooden floor.

Once the pain had subsided a little, her eyebrows furrowed together momentarily before looking up at me for what seemed like the first time in forever.

"I'm okay," She said, though I knew she was anything but.

Cutting off eye contact, I looked down, shaking my head at the fact that she would say something like that in a situation like this. "You could have died."

"But you saved me."

"That's besides the point. It never should have happened in the first place."

She didn't answer. I hooked an arm under her upper body and one under her legs and held her close to me as I stood up, her head rested gently against my bare chest. "I swear to God I'm gonna kill him" I spat furiously.

-Madison's POV-

"You took the wrong turning" I mumbled with my head pressed against the cold car window, my hand still clung to the bloody fabric wrapped around the wound.

"We're not going home." He said. "That shirt's only gonna work for so long until you just bleed right through it. And if I get stopped by police and they see you've been shot then I'm done for."

I nodded, agreeing with him. "Where are we going?"

"We're stopping halfway at one of my warehouses we used to live at. It'll do for the night." He looked over at me as he stopped at a red light, as if he was mentally inspecting my arm.

"Austin stop it, it's not that bad." I lied, knowing he was beating himself up over it.

"How stupid do you think I am, Madison?!" He raised his voice, speeding through the traffic once the light changed green.

"It was my fault!" I exaggerated with a roll of my eyes.

"None of this was your fault," He muttered.

"Then it wasn't yours either." I stated simply with a shrug of my shoulders.

He bit his lip, probably stopping himself from answering back.

The rest of the car ride was silent, neither of us spoke up because neither of us had anything to say. Although the pain coursing through my body just made me fatigued, and we couldn't get to the warehouse soon enough.

Thankfully, we pulled up outside it moments after. I undid my seatbelt and opened the door. "No wait, hold up" Austin said, and quickly got out of his side and jogged round. "Let me get on your back" I said before he carried me bridal style. It hurt when he did that because my arm was pushed up against his chest. He turned around without saying anything and I hopped onto his back, with one of my arms around his back and his arms holding my legs. He pushed the car door shut and walked into the warehouse.

It appeared house like- but it didn't have a comfortable atmosphere about it like our home did.

He sat me down on the counter in the bathroom and I watched as he searched through the drawers. He popped three pills onto his hand and filled a small cup with water, "Take these" He said.

"What are they" I asked cautiously and took them from him. "They'll numb the pain"

Right now he could of handed me euthanasia and I would have took it just because I was desperate for the pain to stop- I'd try anything. I swallowed the pills as he carefully undid the shirt which was around my upper arm. "Thanks for doing this" I said softly, breaking the tension.

"Babe I'm your boyfriend. You don't have to thank me for stuff like this, it's my job to be here for you no matter what. Even though I let you down,"

My heart melted and butterflies flew around in my stomach. "You could never let me down" I placed my non bloody hand on his shoulder as he stood between my legs.

"No matter how reckless and careless I may act, I'm always gonna have one weakness, and that's you. I don't give a fuck how much of a pussy I sound" He rambled on.

He took a wet cloth and wiped away all the blood and cleaned up the sore. "I wish you would be open with me like that more often," I mumbled to myself.

"That's not who I am and you know that" He shrugged. He carefully lifted my arm up and wrapped it up with some bandaging, tight enough to apply pressure but not too much to cut off pressure.

Once he was finished, he looked me in the eyes with emotion that I couldn't decipher. I took my hand which was placed on his shoulder and hung it loosely around his neck, gently pulling him closer to me. His forehead rested against mine- both of us enjoying being together. Looking into his eyes, there was one question that I just couldn't get out of my mind.

"Why did you come get me even though we were mad at each other?" I mumbled, our lips close together.

"Just because you're mad at someone doesn't mean you stop loving them," He whispered, his lips brushing against mine occasionally.

In that moment, it didn't matter who was out to get us. The argument we were in just a few hours ago didn't matter. Nothing mattered. I had him and he had me. That's all we're ever going to need.

A/N

I bet you weren't expecting this, right?!

I'm sorry if this chapter seemed rushed or it wasn't very good- I'm still learning as a writer and I'll only get better with experience. I'm not very good at writing action scenes...

Please be patient if I take longer than usual to update- I haven't forgotten about the story, I'm just trying to make it the best it can be- either that or I have writers block haha.

I can't believe this nearly has 30k reads! Thank you all so much for reading my story :)

If you like this story and haven't already, please vote for all the chapters, it would mean a lot.

Your comments motivate me to write! Ily!