ix| Wheelchairs and Seeing Old Friends Again

Start from the beginning

"Hey London!" 

I hear my friend Marissa yell. I smile and wave at her, while wheeling towards the table closest to the door. 

"Hey Marissa!" 

She smiles at me and continues to serve her customers.

I pull out my laptop and start to edit my english essay. 

We analyzed an event in the 1960s and my topic is the Detroit Riot. 

I fix some sentences and start to read it over again. Once I'm satisfied, I look at all the assignments due for this week. 

Math Test

Science Test

Vocab Test

Music Essay

I sigh and start studying for science, this test will probably determine my grade. I start looking over my physics notes and know everything except the formulas. 

-

I smile at Marissa when she takes my coffee cup and then I look at the time. One O'clock. I pack up my stuff and as I'm rolling out I shout.

"Bye Marissa!"

I hear her faint reply, "Bye Lon!"

I start to wheel myself back to my apartment to start on my music essay and relax for the rest of the day, but when I look ahead I see Brandon. 

Brandon's POV

"Your sure she's here Blake?" 

I ask my best friend.

"Yeah man, all I could find was that she was discharged and then moved here."

I sigh and continue walking at a fast pace, but crash into something.

"What the-"

I stop myself when I look down and see a girl wrapped in a jacket with huge sunglasses and sitting in a wheel chair.

"How dare you mister! I'm blind and paralyzed! The nerve!" 

I quickly apologize to the girl and walk around her, leaving her grumbling behind me.

London's POV

I start to snicker when I take the glasses off.

"Idiot." I mumble.

-

I lounge on my bed while trying not to freak out, but that became hard when someone knocked on my door twenty minutes ago. I sigh when the banging on my door continues and grab my gun from under my pillow. I maneuver myself out of bed and into my chair and then wheel over to the door, opening it. I look up to see Brandon, Blake and some others.

"Can I help you?"

Blake smiles at me.

"Oh, we were just wondering if we could borrow some sugar?"

I laugh and am about to respond but Brandon storms into my apartment and the rest of them following.

"Come on in..." I say sarcastically.

"London, why are you in a wheelchair?" Brandon asks.

"Oh Brandon, just because you tranquilized me and I feel down about four flights... you should be thankful I'm not dead or in a coma!" 

Blake looks at me and then the gun.

"Are you going to kill us?"

I laugh.

"No Blake, I'm out... so whatever you're here for, I am not doing it."

Brandon looks at me before sighing.

"Can you just hack this one thing for us?"

I glare at him.

"No."

He looks at me in disbelief. "No?"

"No." I repeat.

Blake nervously leans on one foot. 

"You heard her Brandon-" cough "-let's go..."

Blake trails off when Brandon glares at him and clenches a fist.

"London, you don't really have a choice."

I look Brandon in the eye.

"Then shoot me."

Brandon looks taken aback.

"I mean aren't you Brandon? When someone tells you no, you shoot them immediately. So shoot me Brandon. Don't hesitate."

"London! Stop! You're gonna make him mad!" Blake whispers to me.

I just smirk at him and turn to face a gun.