I'm Just Your Problem - Gabriel x Reader

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry about it," he had assured you, massaging your shoulders. "I'll be fast. No funny business. Promise."

You reluctantly let him go, and look where that got you.

When you had thought he died the first time, you let out a scream so loud you could almost hear it over the sound of his fake-death. Almost. You remember vomiting on the carpet, tears falling into the puddle. The smell was almost unbearable. You had went to the bathroom, washing your face of vomit, tears, and smeared makeup. You still looked like shit afterward, and you felt like it too. But that's when you had felt the ghost of a hand trailing along your side and down to your hips. Light ghost-like kisses gently pressed into the hot skin of your neck, cooling the skin and effectively calming you down. You remember how he whispered in your ear.

"Stay here. I'll take care of things."

And you believed him.

You can almost feel the cool wood of the bathroom door on your ear now as you recalled listening in on what was happening. And you could hardly believe it when you heard what the boys were about to do. You had bust out, anger evident in your eyes.

"Damnit, what have you done?"

They stared at you with eyes wide, and you knew it was too late.

Everything happened so fast, and you've tried so hard to forget this part that it's hazy. The next clear thing you remember is Lucifer stepping into the room. And then Kali ultimately failing at whatever it is she thought she could accomplish. You remember hiding behind the table with Sam and Dean, praying for your angel. And then you remember him shoving a DVD into your hands and kissing your cheek.

"Guard this with your life."

You wanted to intervene between the two brothers so bad, but Dean held you in place, refusing to let go.

You knew what was going to happen. It gave you strength. You ripped your wrist from Dean's grip and raced in front of him, feeling the blade slide through your chest. You remember the look of surprise on Lucifer's face. You fell to the ground, wheezing as blood spurted out of your mouth. The look of anguish on your angel's face hurt more than the wound in your chest.

"Why did you do that?"

You heard the pain in his voice and then the anger.

"That was stupid-"

"Don't..." You cough up more blood. "I did it for you, jackass. Now I'm dying. Why don't you..."

Another cough.

"Appreciate what I did?"

You knew he was only angry at you because you did something reckless, just like before except on a larger scale. But you didn't care.

"(Y/n), stop talking."

Sam wiped some of the blood away from your chest. You could feel them picking you up, which sent pain racing through you, hot and unbearable. You would've screamed if you cared more about yourself. But you didn't. That's how it had always been, how it still is. You're always ready to give your life for someone else, no matter if they are a monster, friend, or complete stranger.