Running Into The Devil

"C'mon, I'll race you!" You smile and laugh happily. Your brother and sister smile up at you and start racing ahead of you.

"I didn't say go yet!" You shout and start running after them, your backpack bouncing.

Despite being a family of hunters, you and your siblings are generally happy. Especially since you and your younger siblings weren't allowed to go on hunts. However, by eavesdropping and reading through books and talking to other hunters, you've gathered that Lucifer is walking the earth once again. You know it's not safe, so you try to keep your siblings and yourself inside. But you know they need to have fun, so after school you often race home or play games.

"Hey guys, wait for me!" You laugh. As you try to run faster, your bag slips off your shoulders and the contents spill onto the ground. Your brother, Jesse, and your sister, Ryan, stop and look at you. You kneel down to scoop up your belongs.

"Here, allow me to help."

"Thank you," you say warmly. You get all the contents back into your bag and stand up with the help of the stranger. By now, Ryan and Jesse have walked over to you.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, thank you again-"

You look up and immediately stop talking. The man before you has icy blue eyes. Just like Lucifer's vessel does, according to other hunters. Your parents had been talking about running into him one night. If that was true and if this was Lucifer, than him running into you probably wasn't an accident. Your hand reaches up to your necklace and twists it around your fingers.

"Are you sure you're alright? You look a bit pale."

"Yeah! I'm fine! Thanks again, have a lovely day sir!" You smile shakily and grab Jesse and Ryan's hands.

"Come, let's not be late."

You pull them along behind you, not looking back once.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

"Why were you scared of that guy?" Ryan asks, looking up with her big blue eyes.

"I wasn't scared. What are you talking about?" You ask with a smile, putting her dinner in front of her.

"You always mess with your necklace when you are scared or nervous," Jesse says, biting down into his sandwich.

"You are very observant," you mumble, sitting down next to them with a sandwich of your own.

"So you were scared," Ryan says triumphantly.

"It's fine. You know I'm just shy," you reply, finishing your sandwich. Ryan and Jesse finish their dinner in silence. After they're done, you throw away their paper plates.

"We're sleeping in the basement tonight. I'll get your stuff, just head down there."

They nod at you and go downstairs without question. The crickets chirp outside as night falls, and the stars slowing come out. You pound up the stairs, grabbing pillows, blankets, phones, and food. The items are piled high, and you have to walk slowly to keep any of it from falling. You reach the bottom of the stairs and are about to walk through the open basement door when it slams shut. You drop everything in your hands and spin around.

"Nice to see you again (Y/n)."

You don't say anything but turn back around and try to open the door. The doorknob won't even move.

"(Y/N)?!"

"It's okay Jesse, it'll be fine!" You yell back through the door.

"Please don't hurt them," you whimper, turning back around to face him.